(E7.5) Halftrack FGs and light AA

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Has there been any ruling against HT FGs being used while in AA mode, (obviously with just the AAMGs)? :hmmm:

I could find nothing prohibiting this in the rules (but may the dice Gawds help you if you do not shoot the blighter down).

Carl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Purist said:
Has there been any ruling against HT FGs being used while in AA mode, (obviously with just the AAMGs)? :hmmm:

I could find nothing prohibiting this in the rules (but may the dice Gawds help you if you do not shoot the blighter down).
Don't know what ruling is pending but...

E7.5 says you can't form firegroups with AA-capable weapons with the exception of Mandatory FG which means the halftracks would need to be in the same Location to make a FG and then they would be overstacked with the associated penalties.

Hope this helps.

Carl

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Oops :OHNO: ,...looks like I missed that part. No rulebook with me at the moment but I will check out the light AA rules in more detail when I get my hands on the "Tome".

Thanks for the rule section quote.

Cheers.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Carl,

I have the "tome" and,...

"E7.5 says you can't form firegroups with AA-capable weapons with the exception of Mandatory FG which means the halftracks would need to be in the same Location to make a FG and then they would be overstacked with the associated penalties."

I think if you read the section carefully you will see this is not the case.

E7.5 in the first 1/3 of paragraph has the following exception: ..."[EXC: Vehicular AAMG do use AA counters and can fire at ground/Aerial targets without consideration of AA mode]."

Towards the bottom of the same paragraph, after much explanation, the rule goes on to state: "An AA-capable weapon marked with an AA counter may not form a FG..."

The gist of all this comes down to the fact that AAMG on vehicles need not ever be marked in AA mode and only AA capable weapons so marked are prohibited from forming a fire group.

It sounds to me as if HTs are exempted from the restrictions on AA fire and may use HTFGs (with all the dangers inherent in lining up your HT in such a manner).

da priest

Reaction score
The Purist said:
....It sounds to me as if HTs are exempted from the restrictions on AA fire and may use HTFGs (with all the dangers inherent in lining up your HT in such a manner).
ASLRB with errata: "An AA-capable weapon marked with an AA counter(and AAMG firing at Aerial targets) may not form a FG"

Seems clearly, clear...(tm/ignored)... :devious: