DZSME CG I--1.2 Scenario End Roll

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I-1.2 American player makes a dr at the start of American Player Turn 5. On a 1-3 the scenario ends immediately.

(Obviously the American player wants his turn)

However, if the German player in the morning scenario buys special group 2 or 3 then there is a DRM to the above dice roll that makes it more likely that the American will have his turn (a +1/2 drm).

Was this the intention? Is this a trade off as it does benefit the Americans.

Last edited:

Ken Dunn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The German moves first. The German wants the scenario to go longer (theoretically). The scenario ends on turn 5 at the start of the American player turn. On a 1, 2, or 3 the scenario ends immediately. The German may have spent 1 or more CPP on the "Special" column to get a positive drm to the game end dr...i.e. the German players does not want the scenario to end so a +1 or a +2 drm would make it harder to end.

Generally (unless the Germans are having a really bad day and the Cows didn't help) the Americans want to end fast, the Germans want to end late. This is not a trade off for the Americans. I think your theory that the American wants his turn may be not actually be the case, they are the defender in this scenario (mostly). I wouldn't disagree that the American in the South might want more time so the German have to think about this hard and setup accordingly.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
If the German player purchases the Special option with the +1 or +2 DRM, MUST he use it when game turn 5 comes around? Or can this be at the German's option? This came into play in a recent playing of CGIII. I was the German and at that point of the game, would have been content to have the scenario end. Because we found no language to specifically say it was "optional" to invoke, we made the scenario end dr with the +2 modifier, thus lengthening the game.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I'm playing this again. The scenario length is 5.5 turns, however with a provision for the scenario to end on turn 5 American. I read this that the maximum possible scenario length is 5.5. turns, my opponent suggests that if the scenario does not end by the SSR dr then it carries on to be a normal length scenario as determined by CG2, so potentially 8 turns.

So is the scenario 5 turns, 5.5 turns, or potentially 8 turns?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'm playing this again. The scenario length is 5.5 turns, however with a provision for the scenario to end on turn 5 American. I read this that the maximum possible scenario length is 5.5. turns, my opponent suggests that if the scenario does not end by the SSR dr then it carries on to be a normal length scenario as determined by CG2, so potentially 8 turns.

So is the scenario 5 turns, 5.5 turns, or potentially 8 turns?
The scenario is either 5 turns or 5.5 turns.

TURNS: 5.5 (see SSR I-1.2)
I-1.2 The American player makes a dr at the start of American Player Turn 5. On a Final dr of 1-3, the scenario ends immediately.

For CG scenarios where CG2 applies, it is spelled out:
E.g.,, CG I-2 6 JUNE AFTERNOON SCENARIO
TURNS:
VARIABLE (SSRs CG2 and CG11; see below)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The scenario is either 5 turns or 5.5 turns.

TURNS: 5.5 (see SSR I-1.2)
I-1.2 The American player makes a dr at the start of American Player Turn 5. On a Final dr of 1-3, the scenario ends immediately.
Ending at the start of American Player turn 5 results in the scenario lasting 4.5 turns, not 5 turns, since Germans move first.