Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CG III-2 6 JUNE MID-MORNING SCENARIO

III-2 GERMAN MID-MORNING REINFORCEMENTS:
Elements of Ost Bataillon 795 (Georgian), lnfanterie-Division 709
set up in any Setup Area(s) on/north-of hexrow NeN:

Question: Does the German gain immediate control of all the strategic locations in his set-up area (on/north of row NeN) and thus those immediately create the "Set-Up" Areas referred to?

Otherwise, the German won't have any set-up areas "on/north of row NeN" since that area wasn't even playable in the first scenario of GCIII. Also, if there are no set-up areas on/north of NeN, what happens to these reinforcements?

What am I missing here?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think it should just say "on/north-of hexrow NeN". I.e., ignore the "in any Setup Area(s)"

I will double-check with the submission.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it should just say "on/north-of hexrow NeN". I.e., ignore the "in any Setup Area(s)"

I will double-check with the submission.
This same phrasing, “in any setup Areas”, appears in other scenario instructions as well.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This same phrasing, “in any setup Areas”, appears in other scenario instructions as well.
Yes I saw that, but in other places I think it is ok - since those are on map sections that have been in play....

...anyway, I am checking them all vs the submission...

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CG III-2 6 JUNE MID-MORNING SCENARIO

III-2 GERMAN MID-MORNING REINFORCEMENTS:
Elements of Ost Bataillon 795 (Georgian), lnfanterie-Division 709
set up in any Setup Area(s) on/north-of hexrow NeN:

Question: Does the German gain immediate control of all the strategic locations in his set-up area (on/north of row NeN) and thus those immediately create the "Set-Up" Areas referred to?

Otherwise, the German won't have any set-up areas "on/north of row NeN" since that area wasn't even playable in the first scenario of GCIII. Also, if there are no set-up areas on/north of NeN, what happens to these reinforcements?

What am I missing here?
Delete in any Setup Area(s).
Errata forthcoming.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
CG III 2 Mid Morning German Purchases

Where can these options set up/enter? (The stugs must set up on Ne). The leadership/SW/Special specify where/how their units can enter. Guns/OBA/AFV does not.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
CG III 2 Mid Morning German Purchases

View attachment 25055

Where can these options set up/enter? (The stugs must set up on Ne). The leadership/SW/Special specify where/how their units can enter. Guns/OBA/AFV does not.
This is handled by rule SM4.4171.
"Unless reinforcements have a specified setup Location or Entry Area, in which case they must set up there, reinforcements may enter via any Eligible Entry Area or may be able to set up on-map in any non-Isolated friendly Setup Area."

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klas...

III-2.1
"...three squad-equivalents may set up on/south-of hexrow SaV and/or may
move onto the Ne map section on/after Tum 3]"

Should these 3 squads be limited to US setup areas on/south of SaV? Otherwise they can setup anywhere, including German setup areas.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Klas...

III-2.1
"...three squad-equivalents may set up on/south-of hexrow SaV and/or may
move onto the Ne map section on/after Tum 3]"

Should these 3 squads be limited to US setup areas on/south of SaV? Otherwise they can setup anywhere, including German setup areas.
@Tater - not sure. Looking into it. My guess is that they would still need to set up in a Setup Area....

Eric Shipley

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SME CGIII-1 German Morning Purchases under the Leadership 3 points lists. "9-1, 8-1 x 3, 8-1 x 2, 7-0 x 2". Should that be "8-1 x 3, 8-0 x 2"?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Perry didn't mention otherwise when he added to a thread noticing it:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Getting ready to play SME CGIII-1 as the Germans; wondering if Klaus' response is "official" or "considered correct in his opinion"
My response is not "official" in the sense "it comes from MMP"...in this case it is correct though, as per the submission... :)

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My response is not "official" in the sense "it comes from MMP"...in this case it is correct though, as per the submission... :)
And its not that it is correct “per the submission,” but rather that we will be issuing errata to make it correct.

kbernatz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the start of CGIII-2, how does one determine the control of Strategic Locations outside the initial map area of CGIII-1? For map-edge road sections, we get that you use CG13 ... but what about the rest of the map? This matters for a couple potential reasons.

1) The crossroads at SaBB7 would impact the current German setup area (current extending to SaEE6-SaEE8), as well as potentially connecting a US setup area predicated on SaHH1 and SaDD1 map-edge roads with the main US setup area predicated on but roadblock and buildings in the center of the CGIII-1 map section. If the SaBB7 crossroads is considered neutral and owned by neither side, then the US cannot set up along that flank.

2) Same question/argument can be made for ALL the buildings in St. Mare ... if they do not begin as US control, then the US units that survived CGIII-1 are limited to setting up within the US setup area determined by the Strategic Locations they controlled at the end of scenario CGIII-1. This seems counter-intuitive and implies that the US should control all Strategic Locations on map Sa that are not German Controlled for the start of CGIII-2.

3) Same kind of question for South of NeN ... are the Strategic Locations there considered US controlled at start of CGIII-2? Are they neutral?

4) Same kind of question for North of NeN ... are the Strategic Locations there considered German controlled at the start of CGIII-2? Are they neutral?

5) Note that I believe Strategic locations that start on board Fa are all German at the start of CGIII-1, as the Germans are the only one with units on that map board at CGIII-1 start. So those Strategic locations are fine. However, both US and German units begin on both Ne and Sa for CGIII-2, so these Strategic Locations are in limbo from what we could tell...