DVG Hornet Leader

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are your thoughts on DVG's Hornet Leader game? I'm an ASLer and have played some solo games in the past like Ambush and B-17 Queen of the Skies...but thoughts on whether this is a good game or not...

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
If you want to get an Idea of how it is, here´s me with the PC version...

Both Phantom and Hornet Leader use the same system.

I find it fun and challenging. The above was my first victory out of 8 gameplays!

Red

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are your thoughts on DVG's Hornet Leader game? I'm an ASLer and have played some solo games in the past like Ambush and B-17 Queen of the Skies...but thoughts on whether this is a good game or not...
The leader series are good. They are more planning and management games than about combat. You play a squadron commander trying to get through a campaign and manage your stressed out pilots, their different skills etc. What I like it the weapons planning, picking the right aircraft and munitions options to meet the mission. And the games are not easy so they are challenging. These are way better the B-17 QotS which seemed more like a dice rolling fest to me than a game.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have Phantom Leader... the Vietnam war version of Hornet Leader. It is a lot of planning and somewhat challenging even. On the one hand, I can't imagine doing much better with a solitaire game of air warfare, on the other hand, it never gripped me very much. It is not a dogfighting game.