Dummy/Concealment ML 7?

SonOfTheNorth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a bit hard to find in the RB, since it's probably nestled into paragraphs of where the rule is actually applicable, but my buddy and I were wondering why the ? counter has a ML 7 on it?

What are the cases where this is used? I think we mostly understand the concealment rules for pretty vanilla play and most indicate that you lose concealment whenever you make a MC or TC. So, what gives?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
This is a bit hard to find in the RB, since it's probably nestled into paragraphs of where the rule is actually applicable, but my buddy and I were wondering why the ? counter has a ML 7 on it?

What are the cases where this is used? I think we mostly understand the concealment rules for pretty vanilla play and most indicate that you lose concealment whenever you make a MC or TC. So, what gives?
I think there are two reasons, but I can only remember the first. If an "unbroken" vehicle enters the dummy's hex, it can either reveal itself voluntarily (obviously a bad idea) or take a PAATC per A12.41 to retain concealment using the ML 7.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Two more reasons: for use when attacked out of LOS of all enemy ground units (could happen with airplane or OBA, for example) [A12.14], and when taking a Bombardment MC [C1.82].

JR