DuckieBank FAQ! (Guild bank addon)

subaruba

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey guys and gals of the guild! I just had a few questions about duckiebank.

First, can anybody with link-fu link the new download for duckie? I thought I downloaded it right, but all I can see is muleofdeth's stuff, and it never updates, no matter how long i stay on.

Second, this will take a bit of preamble. I am very committed to this guild, I am basically willing to help out anyone in the guild because they can help me out someday. I am all for donating things to the guild, but the whole idea of duckiebank is the 'reciprocity' --monkey scratch my back, i scratch fellow monkey's back. Now, I've donated probably upwards of 15 items, and I'm now at a point where I "could" start donating frost oil, which comes in handy in this one quest in badlands at level 37ish. It retails on AH regularly for 3g, kinda pricy for a quest item, but if a fellow guilder were to make it.

Now, I say this, because I have donated many items in the past, and I have also requested items, and I have only recieved one item. Question is, if I donate a few "big ticket" items, do I have "more" of a chance over someone who donates many small ticket items? And, is that a level playing field? Or, is it a "quid pro quo" and my requests just fell through the cracks?

I really don't want this to sound crass, I'm all about this guild, it's way fun and the people are, on the whole, really cool and helpful. I just want this all out in the open, and I'd love to hear what "the management" of dethnet has to say.

Thanks again!

Oh, yes, and thank you soo much for doing the day-in, day-out and largely thankless job of sorting through all these donations and doling them out. I realize that this is a big consumption of time that could be spent questing, messing with your own character, etc, but know that I appreciate it.

@-)

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
well i can speak from personal expierence that sometimes the requests don't get through to the banker using the request button, so you are better off sending a mail message to the banker who holds the item that you want..

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is true! Because of the software using direct data packets (to the current guildies online) instead of being able to simply update on the server things can sometimes take forever.

Example:

Suba sees something in the bank and requests it. The only other members online (that also have Duckie installed) are Benic and SomeNoobGuy. They receive the data packet that contains your request. Everyone logs off an hour later.

The morning comes, and I check the banker. SomeNoobGuy was a trial account, and he's not likely gonna get the game - so only Benic has the packet now, and he's not online. My bankers don't get the request.

Suba logs in, and there are 3 other users that have Duckie installed online - his request is sent to all of them as well. (Their program will of course share Suba's request with any others that they come in contact with as well). But the point is, that chain has to reach through enough users so that when I log in to do the bankers (which is only for about 10 minutes each banker), your packet has to be with someone that is online, right at that exact moment, or I'll never see your request.

The rumored guild bank to be incorporated with the newest big patch would likely remedy this problem, but DuckieBank is still loads better than the system we had in mind before.

As to your questions about requests, yes, there is a pref. given, but never to the point of exclusion. Let me explain.

I go to the trouble of noting what everyone donates in the Officer's Forum. (As an example, I can tell you that your recent donations have been:

Tigerseye, some cloth and a pair of gloves, a small flame sack, etc). :D

Now, I won't turn down any request, unless there is something negative with the user in question. For example - if a member is one step away from being banned, I will ignore their requests for the time being, but not delete them. Or there are the odd (few, thankfully) members that request items like mad, and never donate. To these, I will generally only grant one of their requests, and not for the more powerful items in the bank. The last example is people that are obviously taking advantage of the bank - I see 20 requests from the same guy, all at the same time, for all the very best items in the bank, the member cannot use most of the items he requests anyways (why does a lvl 21 mage want a lvl 55 2-handed mace anyways?) No one that is putting these goods up in the AH will earn my love. :laugh:

But those are the extreme examples. 99% of the requests are all good, and I do them on a first-come-first-served basis. Which means that generally speaking, all your requests will be granted, but if someone asked for the same item you did, and their request came up first in the list, they'll get the item.

To give you the favoritism example, I'll point out that at the moment, I'm the only one doing the banking. (Bee has done it all before to help out). So I'm the one who sees (and records) what everyone is donating. Certain members donate sweet items, or lots of items, good trade stuff, etc. They stick out in my mind, since I am the soul who processes it all. If there is a request for a sweet item by two people, and one of them is a steady donator, while the other doesn't donate at all - well, you can see who I'll pick in that example.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And a quick note that Benic's advice is rock solid - the best way to ensure I see your request soonest is simply to mail the banker in question with the subject:

REQUEST

subaruba

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wonderful! Thanks so much for clearing that up! That makes it a lot easier to understand from my pov. I never really knew that much about duckiebank.

So, thanks again, and I'll be donating soon!

Subaruba

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good to hear! And glad I was able to shed a little light on the subject for you. Don't hesitate to give a shout-out if you have any further questions. :D

dougthefizzl

The Pwner of all pwners
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok if i could find the new duckiebank addon (if not found already) I'll post a link. What version are you guys using?

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I was going to put that in myself, but when I went to find the software through curse-gaming.com, I noticed that the link was changed, and before I could get everything straightened out, lunch hour hit. :D

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sweet! :D

Freed up a guild rank with the new DuckieBank! I'll get to this when I can find a few minutes of free time - but the Banker rank can now go the way of the Dodo. There's a method to show the software who the bankers are aside from the guild rank.

Tres cool!

Dyse

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
um, so i downloaded the mod and it actually showed up in game, but there were no bankers. is there anything specific i need to do to add them to the list or something?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's because it takes the software a while to update itself with the new information. Also, we had just finished making a change to the rank structure, so that probably screwed things up as well. :D Next time you log in, give it an hour or so, and then check the bank again.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you!

dougthefizzl

The Pwner of all pwners
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Surii is right, yet I'm still in duckiebank so it makes the mod cooler. I can now check this that are in MY bank and not have to go to it >.< woot!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, when I pass all the bank goodies across to Dont tonite (he had connection issues, or we'd have done it last nite), I'll wipe the bank data clean, and then it'll only display info after the new update - so you'll be private again after that, Doug.

But I can see what you mean, that could be a handy feature! :laugh:

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doug and all - you might try a mod called bankstatement. This keeps up with what is in your bank. Use a /bankstatement slash command to view it or put it in a macro. Makes it real nice when you are far away from city!!

D3adkl0wn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
i use baudbag, links all of my bags together into one panel and does the same for my bank.. plus it also lets me see my bank anytime as well if i need to

narianna

Pink Floyd FTW
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
My alliance guild uses DuckieBank, and they have sorted the bank in a helpful way.

The guild (Z ero Fear) has a lot of bankers - about 6? - and they're called things like Zfsixtyplus, Zfrecipes, etc, which makes browsing a lot easier because there's more order.

And when the bankers are named like that, the guild members can easily determine which banker is for what sort of items (Thanks, Captain Obvious) and would save more work on the Banker's end, in terms of sorting things out.

It'd be a pain to move all the stuff that's already in the bank, buuut I just thought I'd put the idea out there and see what you thought.

D3adkl0wn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
i'm in favor of this type of setup, sounds very effeciant, even if it does come from the allies :p

BC3racing

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My duckie Bank is not being very cooperative. :( I sent a few bags and weapons to "bankerofdeth". Then, like 2 days later, duckie bank deleted bankerofdeth. Is the stuff gone forever?

D3adkl0wn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
no it just removed the banker from the list cause that toon probably hasn't been online in a while.. the character still exists, but not in the mind of the bank mod