DuckieBank FAQ! (Guild bank addon)

Elaheh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like Surii set up the Guild Bank addon, Duckiebank.

First off, download it here: World of Warcraft UI / Mods - The Unofficial World of Warcraft Mods site

Extract it with an unzip program to your WoW Directory, under /Interface/Addons/

Make sure to select to use existing folder names. It's usually the default selection in Unzipping programs.

After you do this, you should be able to restart WoW and see the little bank bag by your minimap. You can choose between the 2 bank characters from there, and pick which items you would like to request.

Hope this helps!

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you have any bankers set up yet? It says you have to have a rank of banker and assign muleofdeth to Banker.

Requirements:

To make DuckieBank work for your guild, the guild-master must make a new guild-rank called 'Banker' and assign that to the characters that is to function as guild banks. This new rank does not need any privileges at all. Even though being allowed to chat will come in handy for a banker.
With this done, those characters' bank (and optionally their bags) will be made public read-only to any other member of the guild with the DuckieBank addon installed.

Elaheh

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I was wondering if Muleofdeth had his bag option toggled.

Do you have any bankers set up yet? It says you have to have a rank of banker and assign muleofdeth to Banker.

Requirements:

To make DuckieBank work for your guild, the guild-master must make a new guild-rank called 'Banker' and assign that to the characters that is to function as guild banks. This new rank does not need any privileges at all. Even though being allowed to chat will come in handy for a banker.
With this done, those characters' bank (and optionally their bags) will be made public read-only to any other member of the guild with the DuckieBank addon installed.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, the bag option is turned on (it's on by default). The bags aren't displayed; rather the software simply included the contents in the main pile of goodies.

I am very impressed with this software; frankly the bank was quite a hassle previously, and not very functional.

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
love duckie bank it rocks , also might think about geting the Mapcords mod it helped me with some of them go get this grab that quest where all they tell you is (blank) is somewhere in the barrens ect.

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yea i think thats the one i have , i do like some of the damage mods , hey do you kno of one that shows floating damage like the damage you see when you atk but for party members ect.?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not offhand, no. I only have three or four mods that I use all the time. Koordinator, Gatherer, and now DuckieBank. I also have an AH mod that I tried, but since there are stupid idiots in the AH that constantly sell 8 slot bags for 30 gold, it throws all the numbers off and I don't use it now.

:laugh:

SirBungee

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OK now that we have a guild bank where our Teller maybe we should Invest into a ATM. Then we can use our bank cards deposit our items directly into the account I see they have world Of warcraft credit cards now ;]

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok everyone - remember that we have two bankers, as we finally got to the point that the second one will have some inventory the next time I log in to check the mail.

MuleofDeth and Dethmule!

SirBungee

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now how the bank holding out now do we need a third banker can only the guild master be banker if so are you going too need help because we need it so its keeps up demand with the guild members

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I cant remember who, but someone in guild chat yesterday told me that they were reading that Blizz is implementing guild banks into the next patch.. so perhaps duckie bank's days are numbered. lol

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now how the bank holding out now do we need a third banker can only the guild master be banker if so are you going too need help because we need it so its keeps up demand with the guild members
I can manage it all so far. We'll make sure that we have ample bankers as required, and Bee can assist me with it if it becomes too much work for one person alone.

Two things to remember about our guildbank!

1> I don't check it everyday. Especially during the week (work, and large travel times), I don't even really have time to play WoW at all, I'm lucky to hit the AH a couple times a day for 15 minutes. So please be patient with your reqeusts, I will get to them all!

2> If you are new, please make a few requests, but don't empty the bank! We have no problem with new members (especially lower level members) making requests - that's what the bank is for, after all! But I have seen members that are just hours old in DethNet, and they are asking for 15 items, many of which they cannot even use at their current level.

My only concerns with the bank are that we'll get a new member, he'll empty the bank, and then quit the guild (not cool); or that people that have not given anything to the guild (they are new after all) should not try to clean us out! :clown:

So if you do make a zillion requests, and I've not heard of you, please don't be surprised if not all of the items you asked for are sent!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I cant remember who, but someone in guild chat yesterday told me that they were reading that Blizz is implementing guild banks into the next patch.. so perhaps duckie bank's days are numbered. lol
Well, that would be a nice addition! They should also build voice software right into the next major patch, like DDO has.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A final thought about the guild bank:

I have a thread in the Officer's Forum in which I record every person that makes contributions to the bank. This is a great way to help you gain ranks in the guild.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
love the names for the bank!!!
Have you figured out how to make requests? Since you're on a brand new toon, you should take the time and ask for a few things out of there - the lower level stuff isn't requested too much, so you'd actually be doing me a favor by taking some of it.

That goes for all members at the lower levels - please don't hesitate to ask for a few things here and there, we need to keep the items moving!