DTW

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Had this module for a while now, lovely looking handdrawn map, how does the CG's play out. Are they balanced?

Woudl be good to put this map through its paces. Lastly is there an updated VASL map?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What you could do is scan the map and enlarge it to 1" hexes. That way it will be the same scale as the RB map. Then you could print out Perry Pender's connection map which slots in between DTW and RB; followed by buying RO and you will have about 15 feet of Stalingrad maps! Ideal for playing a large scale CG on a Sunday afternoon!

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Like Honza said, hexes need to be larger.

There is at least one stand alone scenario that after trying to play it once, we determined that it was mathematically impossible for the German to win against no opposition. Before you ask, I purged the name of the scenario from my mind and refuse to look through the scenarios to deterimine which one it was.

<shrug>

Last edited:

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What you could do is scan the map and enlarge it to 1" hexes. That way it will be the same scale as the RB map. Then you could print out Perry Pender's connection map which slots in between DTW and RB; followed by buying RO and you will have about 15 feet of Stalingrad maps! Ideal for playing a large scale CG on a Sunday afternoon!
Already enlarged it! took it to work and upscaled on the printer and for good measure laminated it as well. Even managed to do a second copy at 2" hexes that i can use my 10mm Minatures on.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It is a nice map. Got a long term plan to play a DYO CG on it some day.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is a nice map. Got a long term plan to play a DYO CG on it some day.
Great minds think alike! Just finishing off my DYO CG. Mine plays over 2 days with 16 scenarios at 2 hours a scenario. The rub is that your CPP spends have to last 2 scenarios although you have an option to decide when to bring them on.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I heard the scenarios are pretty fun but the CG is broken. I believe Perry Pender is doing a remake of this map.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Great minds think alike! Just finishing off my DYO CG. Mine plays over 2 days with 16 scenarios at 2 hours a scenario. The rub is that your CPP spends have to last 2 scenarios although you have an option to decide when to bring them on.
Sounds good. The Germans obviously smash into the factories but depending on the VC can still lose the CG? What number of German/Russian Coy have you settled upon?

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sounds good. The Germans obviously smash into the factories but depending on the VC can still lose the CG? What number of German/Russian Coy have you settled upon?
I'll email you a copy of the CG later when I'm in the office to have a look at. Not playtested yet, took my inspiration from CH version and RB and designed a different idea on the CPP buys.