DtF2 Blitzkrieg

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
DtF 2 Blitzkrieg was fun v. Fanatic TW. he wanted to play the French. ROAR has this one 17:15 French but I was happy to take the attacking Germans

there are big OB's for both sides. the Germans have to take 20 buildings but the French have a lot of ground to defend

the Germans deployed like mad and plowed up the middle. surprised to see the center hill undefended and no HIP around either. the Germans were able sweep aside weak French center defenses to rush forward gobbling up buildings to the far edge

the Germans pounded the stout French defenses in the village area next to the river. and the two German FT's finished them off. the Germans took that village and pushed forward gobbling up more buildings beyond

the French heavily defended the village on their right. they began to shift to the center in response to the German thrust up the middle. the Germans kept a platoon as reinforcements and used them turn 3 to sweep a bunch of buildings from the French with AFV support

there was some fun early war tin can action but despite loosing several AFV's the Germans had over twenty buildings with easy routes to get more so Ted conceded end of turn 5. and the '39 Stukas still had not showed up

DtF is a great pack and this was a fun scenario. I would play it again but I'm bidding Germans

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I took 2 FT, a MMG, and LMG's. I think Ted took 60MTR, 37* (w/crew), 2-3 ATR's, MMG, something like that. French have a lot of ground to cover but I was real surprised that there was nothing on the hill in the center. I expected to see something, even dummies. I thought there had to be something HIP: a squad, 25 AA, something in that area

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I like three 60mm mortars on the second level hill on the French left. They can tear it up on like 70% of the map. However, lately I’ve been thinking the triple 37*/crew might be more fun.
I took 3 of the 37* guns in a recent game. German took 20 buildings all right but lost 7 tanks. The AT capability of the French can have is tremendous.