Drive For St. Lo TM (CG)

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
George, Rule TM18 states, "Each side is limited to using a maximum of two OBA modules per TM scenario (excluding US 60mm Company Mortar OBA Module). Usage of a module for this purpose is defined as having an AOT, Radio, or Field Phone, in play at any time during the TM Scenario." Does the automatically assigned Creeping Barrage that the US receives at TM start count as 1 of the 2 (max) OBA modules, or may they purchase two of them in addition to it? The green highlighted text would appear to not count it against the max#.

Thanks!

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
George, in regard to step 'v' in the redeployment sequence during the ConPh; i.e. those units behind their friendly FEBA that do not have to roll to do so (exc: Guns). Can infantry units redeploy behind the FEBA with more PP than their IPC? There is the DRM penalty in the table for those attempting to do so from Isolation, No-Man's Land, etc., but since there is no DR for those units in step 'v' it would not affect them. Seems like there should be such a restriction for overladen units behind their FEBA, but I'm not finding anything in your rules to support that. On the other hand, the ConPh is not the MPh and represents a longer time span. Personally, I could see a good argument either way...

Thanks!

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Having a look at the rules, it doesn't expletively state that a unit can carrying > its IPC. However, as it is a form of Redeployment the table penalizes a unit for doing so.

I agree a unit should not be able to carry > it IPC when deploying behind its FEBA.

Cheers

George

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
George, what happens to an AOT that during the Redeployment portion of the ConPh suffers 'Replaced'? According to the ASL rules, IIRC, a crew can not be Replaced unless broken when a Commissar attempts to rally it. Seeing as they don't ELR, there doesn't seem to be any other way for them to suffer from a Replacement result. Except, possibly in your TMs.....😂

Thanks! [My guess is No Effect]

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Greatly enjoyed TM! While clipping some counters today, I recalled a polite request I had for you. If possible, having 2-4 spare spots on a future 1/2" counter sheet, could you please include some US AOT counters to round out your LCP counter assortment? When playing the DSL TM, with so many US crews running around, recording the ID of those which were AOTs was difficult at best. I ended up subbing in the Russian AOTs from KBR. I plan to replay the DSL TM in the future, and some US AOT counters would be icing on the cake! Thanks.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Greatly enjoyed TM! While clipping some counters today, I recalled a polite request I had for you. If possible, having 2-4 spare spots on a future 1/2" counter sheet, could you please include some US AOT counters to round out your LCP counter assortment? When playing the DSL TM, with so many US crews running around, recording the ID of those which were AOTs was difficult at best. I ended up subbing in the Russian AOTs from KBR. I plan to replay the DSL TM in the future, and some US AOT counters would be icing on the cake! Thanks.
You'll be happy to know that there will be some US AOT in the Hell's Highway 2nd Edition Module. If all goes well in playtesting, it should be out this summer.

Last edited:

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Looking at the American Air support RG in the CG. Am I right in thinking that the Americans only receive one flight of planes for the CPP they spend. So, If i'm unlucky then for 15 CPP I could receive only one FB with no bombs which is recalled after one turn?

Or do I roll for, and potentially receive a flight every turn?

volgaG68

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Or do I roll for, and potentially receive a flight every turn?
Correct. TM 22 b)....."At the beginning of each American RPh, the American player makes a dr.....". You roll every RPh, for availability, then # of planes, then payload. Whatever you get is recalled after the following German player turn. Rinse and repeat.

Personally, I believed this to be one of the real key purchases in the CG. Even if you only get a couple planes each for 3 or 4 Turns that scenario, it causes the Germans to 'go to ground' and definitely not go running around in OG in their backfield. Unlike PHD, where the German could run around behind his lines reinforcing here and there, this will all but put a stop to that when there is hell from above. I purchased the RG twice (max 2), and it was points well spent. Definitely makes the German offboard reinforcements, if any that turn, become very cautious when trying to get to the front line! And unless the German can roll lots of 2s and 3s, he has no real defense against it, except moving very cautiously. TM 22 describes how the German Luftwaffe was completely chased from the skies prior to this fight, and they have only the most basic AA capability against it. A final heads-up, don't forget how the blind-hex changes for bocage when being attacked from above.

Last edited: