Drifting Smoke in Factories

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

Please consult the following diagram. Building is an L2.5 factory with rooftops in play. Mild breeze as shown.

Map1.png

It's AFPh now and time to drift smoke. The situation is now like below just before smoke drift. Scenario is BFP84 from CoS. Does the factory or the internal walls inhibit the smoke drift at all?

Map2.png

Thanks!

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
No Drift:

A24.61 Whenever there is a Mild Breeze, Dispersed SMOKE drifts from any original SMOKE source [EXC: to/from non-rooftop Locations of an Interior Building hex] at the start of the game's first RPh and at the start of every AFPh.​

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, though I think only M7 is an internal location. So M7: No, L7: No?, K8: no?. And N7: yes, M8:Yes even with wall?, L8: yes?

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, though I think only M7 is an internal location. So M7: No, L7: No?, K8: no?. And N7: yes, M8:Yes even with wall?, L8: yes?
Good catch regarding N7. I agree with you there. But I don't think the other hexes should get the drift due to the interior walls and the fact that the building rises higher than the level of the SMOKE.

There are quite a few weird situations regarding Smoke that don't have clear answers. For example, if your factory was only Level 1, the smoke would presumably drift over the top. But would there be ground-level smoke in hex L8? Your question reminds me that I submitted a similar question to Perry just a few months ago. No response yet. Either the question's too hard else he has learned to ignore me.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good catch regarding N7. I agree with you there. But I don't think the other hexes should get the drift due to the interior walls and the fact that the building rises higher than the level of the SMOKE.

There are quite a few weird situations regarding Smoke that don't have clear answers. For example, if your factory was only Level 1, the smoke would presumably drift over the top. But would there be ground-level smoke in hex L8? Your question reminds me that I submitted a similar question to Perry just a few months ago. No response yet. Either the question's too hard else he has learned to ignore me.
Don't feel like the lonesome stranger!:fingerwag: