Dragoons

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi, sorry for another question.

Can dismounted dragoons melee? Do they suffer penalties/bonuses either mounted or dismounted in melee? Can they benefit from cavalry charges when mounted?

I know in the Napoleonic series they get a +10% bonus when charging, but not sure if it applies here too.

Thanks! :)

TheGrayMouser

Reaction score
99% sure they dont for following reasons:
* JT updates that changed the coding for dragoons to have the 10% bonus in the NAp games came well after the last update for the Ren engine
* the Ren engine is so flexible due to the ability to code melee bonus, armour values on a unit level basis makes such hardcodes un-necesary

I think the only hard coded bonus remaining is that Heavy Cavalry still gets the 25% attack bonus

Dismounted dragoons are infantry in line only formation. Their melee ability will depend on the weapon type that you give them, melee bonus etc

Of note, there is a bonus given to all infantry that attack when in column, its either 20 or 25 % (cant recall)

Cheers man.

(Let me know when you have any new scenarios for your mod and would be glad to play test.)

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I don't think there is a column bonus like that...it's not in the user guide anyway! But then...I guess things change!

What you say makes a lot of sense. That's why I love the Ren engine as it allows so many options.

Thanks!

(Sent you a PM.)