von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
is there a rule covering this?

Thanks

Keith
No. If so then only per SSR by a TPP or for a particular scenario. Nor do I think it would make particular sense.

In the time scope of a scenario, it would not normally be possible to have them removed or covered by dirt and rubble to clear a path for tanks and vehicles. At the same time, they are no hindrance for movement of infantry.

To reflect them in game terms, I believe an AT-Ditch serves the purpose pretty well.

von Marwitz

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If they are big enough they might even provide some cover to infantry, at least enough to negate any FFMO DRM. ASL level demolition would be hard, most photos I have seen have 4+ layers. An AVRE might be able to blast it's way through, though that would take the whole of a scenario to do.

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking more along the lines of a graveyard’s effect on Infantry etc

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd just treat them as an AT ditch. Infantry can go straight through or crouch (spend 1 mf to enter ) and get cover.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IMO, graveyards work better. They resemble dragon's teeth only 'thicker'. They provide a Hindrance (whereas none for A-T ditch), and +1 TEM (as opposed to the +2 of ditch, which seems excessive for dragon's teeth). Entry should only be 1 MF (easy to enter like graveyard), not the +2MF to enter/exit a an A-T ditch. You would have to forbid entry by vehicles (which is allowed in Graveyard with hefty Bog DRM).

Tom