Draggable Overlays and Mac OS

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a trick or something that I need to do to access the draggable overlays - either as the Overlay button or the Draggable Overlay functions.

I am using Vassal 3.2.17 and VASL 6.4.1.

Thank you,

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Move the dialog window away from the main map window so that they don't overlap. I believe a future JDK will fix this.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK - that is not the issue - my windows are not overlapping the map - when I try to click on the overlay nothing happens.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK - there was an error where I loaded it twice - that is fixed. However, the issue is that once I have the dialog box opened I cannot make the overlay move - I have tried shift, control, and command - none seem to allow me to grab the overlay so that I can move it to the map.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The overlays, in the dialog boxes, don't need any key modifier to select, but you must move the dialog box away from other windows like the chat or map window or your click will not register in the dialog.

When the overlay is on the map, you Shift-Click for regular overlays and Option-Click for the new draggable overlays.

(edit) some visual evidence.

Attachments

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you - that is the strangest thing I have ever seen. I made my VASL window smaller and then moved the box completely off of the VASL and it works.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The latest JDK broke something. The mouse click is "falling through" the layers on top and landing in the windows below or something. I believe I've read that if you run with the windows un-combined, that also mitigates this issue. I believe I read the next build beta (of Java) wasn't showing this issue.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
your last 2 lines are completely foreign to me - I have no idea what all of that means.

Still I can do it now so thanks a lot.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
>> your last 2 lines are completely foreign to me - I have no idea what all of that means.
> I believe I've read that if you run with the windows un-combined, that also mitigates this issue.

If you run with your preference set like this, you might not have as many issues:

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.52.16 AM.png

> I believe I read the next build beta (of Java) wasn't showing this issue.

Oracle appears to have fixed the issue in a soon-to-be-released version of Java.