Draft

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There isn't really need for a draft anytime in the foreseeable future. Only in the event of a major conflict will it happen. Right now, the administration is refusing to even increase the size of the Armed Forces through more recruitment. It wouldn't really be that hard, especially with all the incentives today. But they say it will cost too much money. Maybe they should put one of those high-tech gizmo-type projects on hold, in favor of putting some more boots on the ground. The military is stretched way too thin right now.

Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
There isn't really need for a draft anytime in the foreseeable future. Only in the event of a major conflict will it happen. Right now, the administration is refusing to even increase the size of the Armed Forces through more recruitment. It wouldn't really be that hard, especially with all the incentives today. But they say it will cost too much money. Maybe they should put one of those high-tech gizmo-type projects on hold, in favor of putting some more boots on the ground. The military is stretched way too thin right now.
I agree we need at least 250,000 more in the armed forces. I doubt we will use a draft again. For the most part the volunteer army has worked.

Airforce 1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i would certainly hope not, but i guess it really all depends on if our guys keep coming home. if they dont.....then i see no other option, but with the technolgy advances im seeing today there should be no reason why our soldiers are keeping alive.