Draft SASL SOP

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Been enjoying my SASL recently and discovered a handwritten SOP I wrote a while back. I have typed it up as it is and am posting it here for suggestions and improvements. Maybe it is something that would be useful for those of us who leave the game for a while and need a crib sheet when we return...

Note it is a quick draft straight from my notes - so I would not recommend using it as is - maybe after a few comments, I could post a more refined version - if it is of any interest to others?

Revised version posted further down...

Last edited:

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
After a quick look, I'm going to say this is really useful, and thank you for the effort. Part of the challenge with SASL is integrating the sequence of operations with the standard sequence of play. I love SASL but it is long neglected by the caretakers of the game, who have taken on board other fish to fry. So it's going to be up to us SASL lovers to enhance the project. For example, there are probably thirty new official boards that need to be assessed for use in SASL scenarios, not to mention the 3rd part boards that could be used.

Missing from SASL are the Finns and now the Korean theater, both could benefit.

SASL could also benefit from random terrain modifiers, for example, height of buildings on built-up boards might be randomly limted to ground or first floor only, some could become factories, grain to rice paddies, etc -- various other transformations available.

Anyway when I have time to really give this the look it deserves, I can provide some comments in detail. cheers!

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks good. If I could recommend...

You should add setting up S? that are entering the EBE that turn in the RPh (as per S4.12 penultimate sentence), off board on the hex-row/hex-coordinate that they will enter on. S3.11 overstacking applies.

Also, maybe move the Panic bullets onto the first page by PFPh where you normally check it.

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the interest everyone.

Ahriman667, good suggestions I will amend... please keep comments coming everyone :)

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Too much time on my hands today - waiting for an appointment so I pulled out my laptop and put this together. The idea is it could sit to the side of the board and help with activating S! and First Fire - no really needed but I was bored...

Attachments

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Okay, currently going through chapter S and noting rule reference number on the SoP - this should make it easier to check. Will post when done :)

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a SASL Advanced sequence of Play I Downloaded from somewhere. It includes a Pre-game sequence and separate Friendly and Enemy SoP pages. It's very detailed

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I forgot all about those :) Downloaded it from here some years ago. Forgot who made these.

Attachments

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
David, you use S! instead of S? in various places. ?

I like your layout. Can you look as the other attachment and see if you are missing anything?

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks - Kijug - strange how you can look at something so intensively and not see the obvious. I will check through the other document.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
DD love your avatar!

I served with the 3rd ACR and 4/34 Armor Battalion (was attached to 8th MID).

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Very nice! If I may suggest, the font color to differentiate Active Enemy/Active Friendly/All turns is not different enough. Maybe you could use green/blue/black?