Downloads!

mike1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vicksburg

Dear Rick,
sorry to bother you but I scoured the site and been thru most of the scenarioes in vicksburg and nowhere can I find even a mention of the CSS ironclad Arkinsaw. My spelling my be off but my history is not. It was built in a corn field on the Yazoo river, covered with railroad ties and sailed all the way through the union fleet to park under the big guns of vicksburg. Yes I know it diden't win the war or even the battle but I thought I would find it somewhere in one of the scenarioes. Have you seen it anywhere???

Your Friend
Mike cambern 1942@neo.rr.com

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, can't say that I have...but then again I wasn't looking for it. :D Will drop Drew a note and see if he has any comments.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dear Rick,
sorry to bother you but I scoured the site and been thru most of the scenarioes in vicksburg and nowhere can I find even a mention of the CSS ironclad Arkinsaw. My spelling my be off but my history is not. It was built in a corn field on the Yazoo river, covered with railroad ties and sailed all the way through the union fleet to park under the big guns of vicksburg. Yes I know it diden't win the war or even the battle but I thought I would find it somewhere in one of the scenarioes. Have you seen it anywhere???

Your Friend
Mike cambern 1942@neo.rr.com
Honestly since the Arkansas had little effect on the Land Battles and the Ship to Ship combat is lacking in this series. It was decided to be left out.
Lee

mike1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the reply. I was getting tired looking for that dam scow. Do you know she also even fought in the battle of Baton Rouge? Anyway thanks again for your help.
Mike Cambern

SG1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Dear all,
I can see in the "scenarios" part that some files are branded BG. I suppose BG stands for BattleGround. Are those files compatible with HPS CW or is it something completely different ?
Thanks in advance for the light.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
You are correct, BG = Battleground, and no, they aren't compatible with any of the HPS titles. The games are similar, but the BG titles are much older and no longer getting program updates.

SG1

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
OK, Rahamy. And many thanks for the prompt reply.