Double One Tournament?

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings,
Does anyone know anything about the "Double One" tournament, on the calendar for taking place outside London, England 20-23 June 2019? The event is posted to Facebook, and The View from the Trenches website ( http://vftt.co.uk/uktournaments.asp ) indicates it's planned but the tournament website is down. My search of the interwebs hasn't come up with anything else. Would be good to know if it's on before making plans to travel.
Thanks in advance :)

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll

Hello,

Right now the tournament is lacking a website but I think a new one will manifest soon. In the meantime, here are the email/ attachments from Derek:

Dear All,

This year's Double One tournament will take place at Writtle University College, Essex, over the weekend of Thursday 20th to Sunday 23rd June.

As in previous years, the college has kindly agreed to lay on a curry night on the Thursday evening from 7pm, with pay on the day. The tournament's puntastic theme this year will be celebrating 40 years since the release of London Calling by The Clash, with the various minis and main tournament named in the band's honour as follows:-
  • Friday one day minis:-
    • Korea Opportunities
    • White Riot
    • The Street Parade
    • Complete Control
  • Weekend tournament:-
    • Saturday am - Should I Stay or Should I Go
    • Saturday pm - Blind Panic
    • Sunday am - Tommy Gun
Individual scenarios will be released towards the end of March and packs available to all those who have pre-registered - entry forms are attaxched, together with a form for booking B&B direct with the college

Any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me

Best wishes

Attachments

Reactions: DC