Double One 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As a founder member of the A2VL, I'd prefer distance duelling again. :)

I've found muzzle-free, virtual venues to be a breath of fresh air. I'm feeling especially smug at having kept my carbon footprint to a Thunberg minimum, while reducing the demand for PPE and deodorant.

Please reconsider the format for 2One.

Virtually yours,

Lord Fauntleroy
His Worthlessness, Grand Pooh-Bah, Anti-Vaxxer VASL League

Reactions: MTL

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pity you still care about what the Guardian has to say. ;)
The Guardian is a precious thing Chris - an independent media outlet that tells the truth.

Try watching this if you want to see why I do not read anything owned / connected with Rupert Murdoch:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
@DC is there any update on travel restrictions to the UK? I would really like to attend if possible. -- jim

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dear All,

Subject to the UK continuing to follow the road map out of lockdown, we are hoping to run Double One in person over the last weekend in June. More details to follow............

Derek, Gary and Morris

Gents,

This is great news! I have my fingers crossed that Double One will proceed. Alas, I will be conspicuous
in my absence...but only this year, fingers crossed.

Having said that, please reach out to me if you would like some help on scenarios.

indy

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
All,

We await Monday's announcement on lockdown easing in the UK with baited breath to see if D1 can go ahead. Further details will be confirmed once Johnson makes his speech (or leaks the stuff in advance over the weekend).....

Derek

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not looking good. I can't see how you are going to get permission with the delay of restriction lifting yo the middle of July.

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi All,

Following Johnson's latest **** up and the announcement last night of a 4 week delay in the relaxation of restrictions, unfortunately Double One will not be taking place in person this year. The admins will be discussing the possibility of moving to a virtual tournament for 2021 and, if that does go ahead, we'll be posting details on here in due course

Thank you to everyone for their interest and support, and here's looking forward to BFF in November and on into 2022.....

Derek

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Still waiting for clarification on the purpose of this post.........
Derek, I would of thought that the relevance to the tournament was obvious. As the tourny looks like it will be cancelled an explanation is a bit of a waste of time?

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Derek, I would of thought that the relevance to the tournament was obvious. As the tourny looks like it will be cancelled an explanation is a bit of a waste of time?
It would be interesting to see your thought process and understand why you thought it was beneficial to post this to the original thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.