Double One 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Derek, et al.,

Thanks for the update (as usual). I, for one, appreciate a reading a bit more than "it's cancelled."

I am really sorry to hear Double One is cancelled. I have most things crossed that not only will
Double One be on in 2022, but also that I will be in attendance. In the short term, I hope the Blackpool
tournament goes ahead as planned.

indy

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am pleased that you find my posts interesting Derek.
Don't flatter yourself :).

I hope you weren't suggesting that, because of a single study reported in The Guardian, we should ignore the requests of the college who are kind enough to host us and set the ground rules by which we are allowed to use their facilities. It's something that you may appreciate one day, should you ever step up and organise a tournament.......

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Joefest ! Any suitable venues in Margit ?

Reactions: DC

Meeduluk

Reaction score
First name
Mick
Country
llUnited Kingdom
All great ideas people - still never going to happen :)

Thank you to the Double One team for trying to make this tourny happen.
Seconded...big shout out for Derek, Morris and Gary who I know have put in a lot of their own time and effort to source/playtest scenarios and liaise with the college in difficult-to-predict and rapidly changing circumstances. A sweet sherry or two undoubtedly coming their way at DO 2022...

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
It would be interesting to see your thought process and understand why you thought it was beneficial to post this to the original thread.
And it would be interesting to see your thought process and understand why you thought it was beneficial to make cruel jokes about people who earn less money than you do.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Two postings of mine have been removed from this thread by the sole owner of this site. I will for obvious reasons not repeat the content of these postings, but I will state what I told the owner:

I do not appreciate that it is OK to make fun of persons who earn less money than you do, but it is not OK to criticize this (even if the criticism is rude).

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden
Two postings of mine have been removed from this thread by the sole owner of this site. I will for obvious reasons not repeat the content of these postings, but I will state what I told the owner:

I do not appreciate that it is OK to make fun of persons who earn less money than you do, but it is not OK to criticize this (even if the criticism is rude).
Fair is fair. Owner of this site has also removed the two postings which I found offensive.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Arthurfest = arf a fest

= "finishes after breakfast on Saturday"

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Fair is fair. Owner of this site has also removed the two postings which I found offensive.
I find it rather gentlemanly of you to acknowledge the response you got in a courteous manner. I quite value such behavior and have to remind myself far too often to act in a similar manner.

Meeduluk

Reaction score
First name
Mick
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like there might be crossed wires here? I hadn't interpreted Derek's comments as being aimed at poor people in Margate (or anywhere else) they seemed to be just a tongue-in-cheek sideswipe aimed at our lovely Joe.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Country
llSweden

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I admit. I am not sophisticated enough to understand refined British upper class humor and distinguish it from bullying as taught or tolerated at UK boarding schools.

I extra tried to enhance my knowledge by reading the following article, but I remain a brutish Viking, I guess:

https://newrepublic.com/article/151232/britains-boarding-school-problem
You seemed to have a better sense of humour a few months back when you were poking fun at Blackpool, the Headlands Hotel, and how some tournaments were structured.

I guess it's ok to poke fun if it's you poking the fun at things you have deemed deserving.

No-one was bullying Joe. Get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.