Which is the 'better' module?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I voted for KGP. I have played two of the CGs and enjoyed them, and walked the battlefields a few times with ASL buddies.

While the core modules are the essentials, the scenarios are not always that great, and what is produced in Journals and Action Packs are often more interesting.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like both modules. DB for the core module attraction and KP for the historic attraction.
Only had liver a couple of times, both times the family boxer dog had a feast.

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a blast playing KP scenario with Don Carlucci. My little American armored car suddenly found an HIP Panther in a wooded road hex! The Panther missed the Adjacent but moving armored car! I continued past the Panther. He fired again as I passed him. Missed again with an intensive fire shot as I pasted him on the road. On the following turn my American 666 with a bazooka killed the Panther with a rear shot in the advancing fire phase. What fun! Tim Niesen

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Having DB opens up more options than does KGP (which, IIRC, opens up nothing else than KGP scenarios and CGs). So I'll clearly vote DB. Well, I would, if the poll wasn't closed already.

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Still having a hard time understanding why you would compare a core module to a HASL module.

To be fair, outside of it's core components, the scenarios of DB really don't rate very high with me.

KGP gives 3 very good CGs and much better scenarios. The one thing that really disappointed me with KGP (other than all the errors) was that the map was printed with in-season Orchards. Surely out-of-season would have made a lot more sense......

John.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The one thing that really disappointed me with KGP (other than all the errors) was that the map was printed with in-season Orchards. Surely out-of-season would have made a lot more sense......
I don't think there existed standard graphics for out-of-season Orchards back then. When did these see print for the first time?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Core module wins every time. Opens up so many additional playing options. I’ve only played a handful of scenarios from the KGP modules since purchasing them.
To be fair there were only ever a handful of scenarios in KGP I and most were quite small :)