Don, about the new layout

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I don't care about the colors.

But the icon that you click on to the first new post, the new one is much too small. I keep missing it.

Hm, could get a scope for my mouse...

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Which one are you talking about? The square one that says last post is actually larger than the old one.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Nevermind, I see the one you're talking about. Yes it is small. Let me work on it.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I confuzzled - why is there now a main club forum, when the Thoughts and Issues forum was doing ok?

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
I confuzzled - why is there now a main club forum, when the Thoughts and Issues forum was doing ok?
That's a good question. There wasn't a "thoughts and issues forum" before. It was called Current Events, Politics, and Opinion. We've never really had a central forum that can be used to talk about wargames that don't have a specific forum for , or for general club announcements and news. Now we do.

Having said that, there are larger reasons for doing it that will become clear within the coming days and weeks. I hate to sound mysterious, but we are working behind-the-scenes on some major changes to the website that I won't discuss at the moment. Revising the forum/sub-forum structure is part of that process. For now, I'll simply say that it will be great for the club.

I know the handy links at the top of the forum are gone and that makes it more difficult to navigate easily between the forum and the main WFHQ webpage. We're working on that too.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I like the new look Don, easy on the eyes, and I like the method of organization too.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I hope you find the new default colors easier to read. If not, you can change to another style in your User CP.

Thanks for the support!

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Don, the option for creating a thread reads "new post"- what about makingthat "new thread", or "post new thread"? More logical? Otherwise I am fine with the changes, looking forward to final implementation.

BigDog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the "Free Fire Zone" is the best name I have seen yet for an open, current events, politics board. You have the site looking very well Don.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah I concur, games have priority :)

I come to Warfare HQ because Don has made it one of the best forums out there for wargaming.

Newsy and or political rant sections a person can find anywhere, so they are hardly worth special status.

Stickem in the basement where they belong hehe :)

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hmm the User Group thing that gives one the relevant flag is a mystery till one reeeeeeeeally searches Don heheh.

Then I found I had to select the new Usergroup. Then I had to Update the Usergroup.