Does anyone play PBEM?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone use ADC2 or VASSAL to play TCS, OCS, or SCS via PBEM? If so, did it work okay?

Birdgunner

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don,

I haven't used it yet for a game but I have the Cyberboard gamebox for OCS Tunisia. Looks like it will work ok though.

I haven't tried ADC2 yet but may buy it later this spring as almost all the Gamers games have mods for ADC2.

I have never heard of any VASSAL mods but would like to see one since VASSAL is my prefered PBEM platform.

Denis

Countertroll

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have played OCS via Cyberboard and ADC and SCS via Cyberboard.
It works, although in OCS the use of Air and interception require bunches of logs. It is certainly nothing that causes it to be unbearable, but it does require some getting used to.

I do not care for the Cyberboard interface, but recognize that additional exposure will breed the familiarity with it that will allow me to use it without qualms.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PBeM

Hi Guys,

Fill me on the Cyberboard interface and where I could download for PBeM play. Have plenty of ASL FtF Opponents here but none interested in playing any of the Gamers games.

Thanks!:cool:

Pierce Mason
Tybee Island, Georgia

ron ungemach

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL1 said:
Hi Guys,

Fill me on the Cyberboard interface and where I could download for PBeM play. Have plenty of ASL FtF Opponents here but none interested in playing any of the Gamers games.

Thanks!:cool:

Pierce Mason
Tybee Island, Georgia
Go to the MMP home page. They have a listing for the cyberboard game modules. They also have a site where you can pick up the latest cyberboard version 3.0. Web-Grognards has a lot of the rules for the games. Another site is underdog.org for game manuals. Do you play any of the GCACW games from MMP. Being a yankee and you being a southerner perhaps we might play a game? I would hold off on ADC as it cost $50.00 while cyberboard is free.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP has only one Cyberboard and that is for Monty's Gamble Market Garden. The GCACW site has cybers for its modules. MMP sells the ADC2 modules for its Gamers line. You will not find very many cyber modules for the Gamers line.

And ADC can be bought for $35.00 from several distributors.

Keith