Does anyone know

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
DeltaJ said:
Does any one if theirs a Blackhawk Down map, secnerio, campaign for SPMBT.
Well, I know there is one, but I don't have it up anymore after the last update of SPMBT... Try taking a look into the files section of the yahoo group!

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The one by Brian Price and SuperXDude doesn't work anymore...I made the map, and I'm not sure if that still works after the update :(

never tried von Rom's so can't say :)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
The one by Brian Price and SuperXDude doesn't work anymore...I made the map, and I'm not sure if that still works after the update :(
Hopefully many of the original designers will go back and revise their scenarios with the latest version. Same goes for those done in SPWW2.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
well, a lot of the original, prolific designers have moved on -> there also seems to be a lot less new scns released into the public domain, they seem to clog up the designers hard drive and only egt used in personal PBEMs.

Also, "revising" isn't really possible as the editor pretty much goes spacko if you load up an older scn to "update"

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
well, a lot of the original, prolific designers have moved on -> there also seems to be a lot less new scns released into the public domain, they seem to clog up the designers hard drive and only egt used in personal PBEMs.
There is also a serious shortage of campaigns (both included with the game and user designed) for this game engine, which IMHO is another drawback.

dita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree that there seems to be a shortage of campaigns and scenarios.

This is something which I want to tackle and try my hand at scenario design.... I`ve got a few ideas kicking around.

My stumbling block seems to be the map design. I`m not sure how to go about designing a good map. I know what I want to to look like (roughtly) but can`t seem to get it to look "just right".

Anyone got any tips on map or scenario design in SPMBT? Thanks

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
dita said:
I agree that there seems to be a shortage of campaigns and scenarios.

This is something which I want to tackle and try my hand at scenario design.... I`ve got a few ideas kicking around.

My stumbling block seems to be the map design. I`m not sure how to go about designing a good map. I know what I want to to look like (roughtly) but can`t seem to get it to look "just right".

Anyone got any tips on map or scenario design in SPMBT? Thanks
Have the same problem....
The question is wether you would like to make a map with high playability or high reality, for the last you need to find a good hiking map, for the first: just start with smaller maps

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
topographic maps are the best - even if it's not the area you're after; just has to be similar.

old wargames are also good.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Double Deuce said:
Hopefully many of the original designers will go back and revise their scenarios with the latest version. Same goes for those done in SPWW2.
Where there is misforutne heaped on us -- sounds like it is time for DD and WHQ to come up with 'Products' that in turn will attract similarly minded 'Product' users.

:rolleyes: Ops wrong quote; anyway I meant that it's a drawback the paucity of 'products' for SPMBT!

Jholy panzerfaust-that includes me too right!?:OHNO:

Sound like a :devious: time/job for "Super Homework Procrastinator":cheeky:

Logic [danstudentvcc]