Does anyone know when "The Fight For Hue" will be available?

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m currently reading Bowden’s Hue 1968 and look forward to going back and looking over the module again. He does talks a lot about stone walls around most of the houses but the map shows many areas as huts. Still a very cool map though! And for all those who may be unaware, the city is pronounced “hway”.
A great book!
I'm curious as to whether the Hue module includes the M-42 Dusters and/or a scenario including the actions of CMOH recipient Sgt. Freddy Gonzalez.

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What is interesting is that the NVA and Vietcong are treated as concealed if in concealment terrain and not moving or marked with a fire counter. If they are under a concealment counter as well then FP is quartered against them.
I received it too. Looks very good. Except there are no ? counters for the NVA/VC infantry included.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Use Russian. I did not even notice the ? were missing.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I’m currently reading Bowden’s Hue 1968 and look forward to going back and looking over the module again. He does talks a lot about stone walls around most of the houses but the map shows many areas as huts. Still a very cool map though! And for all those who may be unaware, the city is pronounced “hway”.
PTO terrain is not in effect and so the buildings would be regular wooden single hex.

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Use Russian. I did not even notice the ? were missing.
I didn't notice it too. But when I cut all the counters out yesterday and began to think about how to put them into the counter trays, I noticed that there are no ? counters for the NVA/VC infantry. To use brown Russian ? counters is the first thing I thought about, but in the end it is not a perfect solution, because Your opponent can notice a Dummy stack, when he sees that the counters under the ? counter are brown instead of the orange / beige color of the NVA/VC.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Are Brit ? counters a better colour match?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Apparently the scenarios are heavily pro Marine; who just vaporise the NVA with their huge FP. Some adjusting of OOB seems in order.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
its a piece of crap. Unless you have nothing else to play, which there is plenty of, I would seriously pass on this dreck.

Apparently the scenarios are heavily pro Marine; who just vaporise the NVA with their huge FP. Some adjusting of OOB seems in order.

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
What is interesting is that the NVA and Vietcong are treated as concealed if in concealment terrain and not moving or marked with a fire counter. If they are under a concealment counter as well then FP is quartered against them.
Why?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Why not? It is a new unique characteristic for a new army ... and I don't say that this is a good rule.

I often read that the NVA/VC were like ghosts, an unseen enemy. So, this rule is not totally inapplicable.
Exactly. The NVA movement and positions in the city were very vague to their enemy. Conversely the Marine cannot use concealment at all. Principally I think these rules are to offset the huge Marine advantage in FP and equipment.

hayesncsu

Reaction score
First name
Hayes
Country
llUnited States
I have received- looks really cool to me! All of the errata, counters issues, etc. still dont detract from the fact you get a giant map of a much studied but never before brought to ASL battle.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
its a piece of crap. Unless you have nothing else to play, which there is plenty of, I would seriously pass on this dreck.
At least you are getting some seriously $ for it on eBay!

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Ya that has really surprised me, I thought at most I would get is 25 bucks.

Scott
Lol - so did I. I was hoping to buy it in that range as I’m too lazy to punch all those counters! Now you can buy some of RTs new east front mods and let us know if any good.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless it is something very interesting there is no way I am buying more stuff from rt. The price on that Hue module is just a once in a lifetime fluke and most CH stuff would never sell for that much.

Lol - so did I. I was hoping to buy it in that range as I’m too lazy to punch all those counters! Now you can buy some of RTs new east front mods and let us know if any good.