Does anyone know when "The Fight For Hue" will be available?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Don't think this has been released yet. Does anyone know when it will? Because its interesting I'd like to buy it.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The odds that it will be any good are rather low indeed, especially since Critical Hit doesn't have any playtesters right now.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
A basic structure to the rules and the map and counters would satisfy me. CH usually take their products far enough for anyone who wants to sharpen them up. If it makes 70% sense.....I can do the rest.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But why pay such high prices for stuff that is shabby usually? I was tempted to buy Hue, but even after the discount it cam to around 78 bucks. Even though Ray said it comes with six counter sheets, I read between the lines IE 6 counter sheets in name but actually 6 half sheets that would total 3 full counter sheets, so what do you get? U get may a medium map, a few pages of rules and three counter sheets in total, not worth it. Maybe at 45 bucks yes but not what he is asking. And the discount is based off his MRSP price not the actual price being offered.

A rip off no doubt.

Scott

A basic structure to the rules and the map and counters would satisfy me. CH usually take their products far enough for anyone who wants to sharpen them up. If it makes 70% sense.....I can do the rest.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
But why pay such high prices for stuff that is shabby usually? I was tempted to buy Hue, but even after the discount it cam to around 78 bucks. Even though Ray said it comes with six counter sheets, I read between the lines IE 6 counter sheets in name but actually 6 half sheets that would total 3 full counter sheets, so what do you get? U get may a medium map, a few pages of rules and three counter sheets in total, not worth it. Maybe at 45 bucks yes but not what he is asking. And the discount is based off his MRSP price not the actual price being offered.

A rip off no doubt.

Scott
It is a lot to fork out; but if the returns are good then why not? I got to judge whether I'll get $100 worth of fun out of it.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That just enables Critical Hit to continue to be half-assed. I'm really down on that sort of attitude.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
That just enables Critical Hit to continue to be half-assed. I'm really down on that sort of attitude.
Where CH lack in professionalism they make up for it in innovation. Who else would contemplate releasing a "battle for Hue" module? I'm very much into the concepts behind ASL modules. If I like the concept of a module I'll buy it. They have released some very original stuff over the years - which only takes a bit of sorting out and then its workable.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I'm interested in the subject so I ordered a copy in late June but my 4-8 weeks delivery seems to be hung up someplace. Hopefully it makes its way back into the production queue soon.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm interested in the subject so I ordered a copy in late June but my 4-8 weeks delivery seems to be hung up someplace. Hopefully it makes its way back into the production queue soon.
I ordered something back in June with a "4 to 6 weeks" delivery and it hasn't even been printed yet. I took Ray to task in an email about this and got a stock return about the size of his company and demand. Just don't state something that isn't true. That is all. Yes, they do lack professionalism, but their counter work has vastly improved over the last years. Yes, I am a big boy and expect to get what I get before I even order something from them, which I do vary sparingly nowadays.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
This module is one of the next to get printed/ shipped.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Errata: "4 to 6 weeks delivery", change weeks to months.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Well I ordered in July (abouts) and 6 weeks not up yet!