Does anyone know the actual level of the Hall 4 in Red October, I think it is 1 and a half levels high. ?

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh man, this sounds like me. Seriously, 4 tours, chronic pain, PTSD, nightmares and the wrecked shoulder! I have scars but I had them all before I joined. Sucks but I can honestly say that I would probably do it again. As you say, no biggie! :D
I have learned a valuable quote, I pass on to everyone younger than me..goes like this:

MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE...NEVER EVER DO STUPID THINGS WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG ,THAT YOU WILL REALLY REGRET WHEN YOU ARE OLD....(WORD OF WISDOM FROM A GRUMPY VET).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have learned a valuable quote, I pass on to everyone younger than me..goes like this:

MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE...NEVER EVER DO STUPID THINGS WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG ,THAT YOU WILL REALLY REGRET WHEN YOU ARE OLD....(WORD OF WISDOM FROM A GRUMPY VET).
This is really a word of wisdom.

Alas for times immemorable young men have been manipulated by those who know better about the 'honor', 'idealism', and 'adventure' part of soldiering & war leaving out the physical and mental price the former will pay for the interests of the latter. That said, the sacrifice of those who have been in the thick of it must be honored.

von Marwitz

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Good advice but it will still fall on deaf ears :):)

Younger people rarely listen to older people. They will sit and listen respectively but they have usually made up their minds already. Most everyone's up for a challenge....

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pain is nature's way of saying STOP THAT IDIOCY!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a flaw in the original question based on the notion that levels in ASL represent some specified height. They do not. The third dimension in ASL was deliberately left vague and unspecified, presumably to make it easier to design scenarios. So that hill over there that is 4 levels high? Maybe it's 200 feet high. Maybe it's 600. Same for buildings. It's obvious from the illustrations in the ASLRB that there was never any intention by the designers of ASL to have one level = one floor, even though many ASL players assume that is the case. The reality is that 8 story building may only be represented by three levels in ASL, if that's what the designer wants.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There is a flaw in the original question based on the notion that levels in ASL represent some specified height. They do not. The third dimension in ASL was deliberately left vague and unspecified, presumably to make it easier to design scenarios. So that hill over there that is 4 levels high? Maybe it's 200 feet high. Maybe it's 600. Same for buildings. It's obvious from the illustrations in the ASLRB that there was never any intention by the designers of ASL to have one level = one floor, even though many ASL players assume that is the case. The reality is that 8 story building may only be represented by three levels in ASL, if that's what the designer wants.
Yeah, all the people on your voluminous ignore list already provided this information.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wow, at the begining was just asking whether Hall 4 was 2 1/2 levels, or 1 1/2 levels high. After reveiwing a slew of pictures of the building, it should be 1 1/2 levels high. Since it was not as tall as the RB factories, but was a lot wider. My goal was to see what you players assumed the building level was. Man, you ask a simple question, and some people write a thesis on building design.... or bitch when you ask a question? Guess they think they rule the ASL world or something.....Seems that certain people here have the idea that they are forum moderators, and when a fellow player ....shock....gasp.....decides to change a scenario or campaign game it is heresy....feel like I should hear the next sentence......whaaaaaa..... change a scenario!!!!!!....... rewrite a campaign game!!!!!....ahhhhh burn the heretic.......flay them alive.................:p

csiemers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man, you ask a simple question, and some people write a thesis on building design.... or bitch when you ask a question? Guess they think they rule the ASL world or something.....Seems that certain people here have the idea that they are forum moderators, and when a fellow player
I've blocked a couple people in these forums for those very reasons. It makes my visits here much more tolerable by not seeing their posts.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
or bitch when you ask a question?
And then there are those people who get a clear answer to the question they have asked, and then bitch about the answer because it's not what they wanted to hear. Go figure.

You can cry about it as much as you want, but the building remains 2.5 levels tall in its ASL incarnation.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is really a word of wisdom.

Alas for times immemorable young men have been manipulated by those who know better about the 'honor', 'idealism', and 'adventure' part of soldiering & war leaving out the physical and mental price the former will pay for the interests of the latter. That said, the sacrifice of those who have been in the thick of it must be honored.

von Marwitz
In War the only Victor is Death itself.....all soldiers look death in the eyes, and all they can do is smile back at him....