Does anyone know if DA is still alive?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
It looks like HPS did release a patch to make the game Vista compliant some time ago, but there haven't been any new scenarios, maps, or updates that I'm aware of. Does anyone know if Jim Lunsford is planning to release any additional content or updates for DA?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the status is "yes" but due to other commitments it is not being working on actively at this time (this time == years timeframe).

There is a mailing list for DA where people know more details.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I checked the Yahoo mailing list and it appears the last post to that was in August of 2008. In fact, there were only 20 messages total in all of 2008.

I had to re-subscribe to that group as I've changed emails some years ago, and the DA group is currently set to hidden status on Yahoo Groups, so the messages are not visible to the public. Also, the group is set so that new subscriptions have to be approved by the group owner, and so far there has been no movement on that. I'm not sure if Jim is the "owner" of the DA group or not.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yahoo groups suck royal rotten donkey balls anyway.

I thought it was a mailing list but I guess I actually got mail from the group.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Per my post on the other thread, Jim does have a new version, just a matter of him finding the time to bring it all together to get it released. He does plan to do that though.

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per my post on the other thread, Jim does have a new version, just a matter of him finding the time to bring it all together to get it released. He does plan to do that though.
Rich:
Is Jim any closer to releasing the new version?

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't heard from him in quiet some time, so can't give an update - sorry.

bcgames

Recruit
Reaction score
From Jim Lunsford:

"Please respond that 1. HPS is still my publisher, 2. That DA is still alive, 3. That we will be releasing FF and FIB through HPS within the next few months, and 4. Refer them to the Decisive-Point website if they are intersted in what I have been doing."

FF = Future Force
FIB = Forward Into Battle

Decisive-Point webpage can be accessed here:
http://www.decisive-point.com

bcgames

Gallowglass

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
On the Decisive Point website:

Decisive Action Brigade Level (DABL) is based on the time-tested Decisive Action (DA) game engine used by the U.S. Army's Command and General Staff College. DABL expands the officer education capabilities of DA down to the brigade level. This serious game was delivered and accepted by The Army on 16 November 2010.
http://www.decisive-point.com/portfolio/dabrigadelevel.html

No word on a civilian version there or at HPS.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. I wonder how this differs from the latest version of DA and whether a version will be offered by HPS. I still want to see a patch for DA for supporting resolutions at 1920x1200 and 2560x1600.