Does Anybody Play CMBO

neon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Does anybody play CMBO any more, or is it all CMBB and CMAK these days. I must admit that I don't venture into this part of the forums much (the gaming section).

I pick up CMBO about 12 months ago from the bargain bin at location computer store. I play it a bit, so I am not a total novice, but playing against real human would be great.

So if your CMBO newbie looking for someone learn with :) or veteran looking for some to kick all over the place, email. :devil:

PS I am planing to get CMBB & CMAK once I get a new wiz-bang computer in few months. :D

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Lots of CMBO going on including a tournament. No need to wait on a new 'wiz-banger', CMBB/AK will run on most older machines (maybe even PIIs, who knows).

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Happy to have a PBEM game of CMBO if you want.

I'm fairly busy at the moment so I can't guarantee too rapid turn round times, but I have persistence. :laugh:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
neon said:
Does anybody play CMBO any more...
Head on over to the archives /downloads & pick up the CMBO "Three Months in France" Tourney scenarios.

Then checkout the CMBO tourney page and challenge the guys who "lost" to a game. :devil:

I'm sure someone will want to replay to get another chance at victory! :devious:

And, Welcome to SZO- The CM Section, I hope to see you around the forum! :toast:

neon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Wow, thanks guys for all of the positive feel back. The tournaments look like great fun, when does the next one start. I might take up your offer GunnerC, doesn't worry about the slow turn around times, I can get a bit a busy somethings too.

Palantir, I might take up our suggestion too and put out some feelers out to some the losers of the current tournament.

Thanks Guys :D

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The next upcoming tournaments are:
1) A CMAK Multi-player, "The Steel Triad"
2) A CMAK Single-Player, "The Cost of Glory"
3) A CMBB SP tourney, "Maps."

Currently there are NO plans for another CMBO tournament.

Kelt

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just started playing CMBO yesterday - got a used copy in the mail. If I can get up to par on the game, I'd love to give PBEM a try.

If I can figure out the game well enough, I'll have to get the BB/AK games sometime later on as well.

One question, since I've never played any PBEM games, how big is the file? I use one of those free email accounts that have a 5M limitation. I am assuming these are pretty small.

Of course after playing 3 games, my tactics are very embarassingly poor at the moment, but I hope to find a strat or two that will work out. :dead:

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Kelt - welcome to the club !

Everyone learns by losing, don't worry about it. I'm still finding out new stuff after years. Well worth trying out the tutorial a few times (I think it took me about 4 goes to win that one !)

File size varies. When just sending orders, usually well under 100K. When sending (or receiving) the results of a turn it can be anything up to 3Mb, the average is probably around 1Mb. It depends very much on the size of the scenario, the number of units involved and the amount of combat action taking part that turn.

I think 3Mb is the biggest I've seen, and that was a very big and busy scenario - don't expect to get to that in a hurry.

Others may know better.

Kelt

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guess I should be in the 4 trys club hehe. 4th time and I finally beat the tutorial.

So nice to make the enemy route for a change heehee :devil:

Now to figure out which scenario to whet my teeth on next...

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let me Officially welcome you to SZO & the CM Forum Kelt! :salute:

I hope you enjoy your time here and the good clean friendly competition. :D
Feel free to ask any questions you might have, SZO has the best Gentlemen Warriors on the Web. :thumup:

Don't forget to sign up on the CM Ladder. :devious:

We have some custom made CMBO scenarios & maps in the Download Archives as well for your gaming pleasure. ;)

Good Hunting! :nofear: