Does an E.10 "Ammo Vehicle" have effectively no CS/cs # while an Ammo Supply counter is carried?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or does it depend on the particular vehicle selected to serve as an Ammo Vehicle? For instance, a bog standard truck with a cs # has all of its portage capacity consumed by hauling the ammo and it would presumably only have an inherent driver. The geeks schlepping the ammo seem to come from the CE crew of the armed vehicle, not the ammo vehicle. Also, I'd think that a purpose-built ammo vehicle like the one used for the French Autocanon de 75 mle 13/34 (which IRL seems to have ammo racks installed) wouldn't have otherwise useable portage capacity after being depleted. A generic truck or HT impressed as an Ammo Vehicle probably would (as well a CS/cs #), but only once depleted.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Do you see any mention of a change of the cs/CS in the rules?
If not, there is none.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't find any mention of E10 changing the Ammo Vehicle's cx/CS number, so, as @Robin Reeve wrote, it doesn't change. If the Ammo Vehicle becomes a Wreck, the ammo doesn't appear to survive, with the exception of if the Ammo Vehicle has a wreck side, and the wreck is fired upon again and becomes a burning wreck, then apparently enough of the ammo has survived to make a big boom! :-D

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Ammo vehicles are usually trucks, IIRC.

Even for the Autocanon de 75 mle 13/34 the Vehicle Note calls out the use of a truck..

† This vehicle requires the use of an Ammo Vehicle (E10.) or Ammo Dump (E10.6) in order to fire at all (i.e., to be considered functioning armament). For the French-color version, use a Renault AGR2 truck counter as its Ammo Vehicle [EXC: assume its printed MP allotment to be 12]; for the U.S.-color version, use a U.S. 2½-Ton truck