Does Ambush drm for Pinned apply to OT vehicles?

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An OT vehicle is fired upon inflicting a NMC on the crew which they pass by rolling equal to their morale, so they are Pinned. Are the penalties in A7.82 (+2 to TH, halving of MG/IFE/Canister/FT, no ROF) the only penalties? Or would the +1 Ambush drm also apply? I'm confused by this last sentence of A7.82 "A vehicle itself can never be pinned, nor can its Inherent crew; however, leave the Pin counter on the vehicle to show that the above penalties apply."

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A7.82 -- A vehicle itself can never be pinned, nor can its Inherent crew; however, leave the Pin counter on the vehicle to show that the above penalties apply.

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A7.82 -- A vehicle itself can never be pinned, nor can its Inherent crew; however, leave the Pin counter on the vehicle to show that the above penalties apply.
Yes, that's the rule I quoted. So you're saying that other effects of a Pin result, such as the +1 drm on Ambush, does not apply to a vehicle?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yes, that's the rule I quoted. So you're saying that other effects of a Pin result, such as the +1 drm on Ambush, does not apply to a vehicle?

I'd say all penalties related to Pin status apply.

von Marwitz

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Hmmm,....

Note that... "leave the Pin counter on the vehicle to show that the above penalties apply". does not apply to ambush.

The
above penalties in A7.82 are:
  • Case D (pinned firer)
  • halving of all MG/IFE/FT/Cannister FP
  • prohibits Intensive Fire
  • no ROF.
"A vehicle may never be pinned, nor can its inherent crew,..." so I would submit there is no +1 drm to Ambush.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm,....

Note that... "leave the Pin counter on the vehicle to show that the above penalties apply". does not apply to ambush.

The
above penalties in A7.82 are:

• Case D (pinned firer)
  • halving of all MG/IFE/FT/Cannister FP
  • prohibits Intensive Fire
  • no ROF.
"A vehicle may never be pinned, nor can its inherent crew,..." so I would submit there is no +1 drm to Ambush.
Nice catch. During play one can easilly gloss over such stuff as our brains are configured to automatically include all items normally associated with a "Pin" but make note of the general difference for a vehicle Pin result. Minor details like this are often overlooked especially so because of its non-inclusion.?