Does a wreck provide TEM for an AFV?

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
D9.3 seems to suggest that a wreck only provides TEM for infantry. Just want to double check as I've never realized this and never played it this way...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
D9.3 seems to suggest that a wreck only provides TEM for infantry. Just want to double check as I've never realized this and never played it this way...
D9.3 doesn't suggest; it says, "All Infantry in the same Location with a wreck/friendly-AFV/abandoned-enemy-AFV are entitled to a +1 TEM."

JR

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only Infantry must utilize the +1 TEM from a Wreck or AFV. However a Wreck/AFV may be a Hindrance if the LOS passes through that hex. (D9.4).

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I've played this wrong (i.e., counting TEM for an AFV) at least once.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope, but I think a non-burning wreck may be able to be hit again by a near miss(?) as an overstacked vehicle even though A5.2 does not invoke Overstacking penalties. I thought there was a Q&A that addressed this, but have been unable to find it. Perhaps there had just been a discussion about it and never resolved (Got a good memory, just awful short:rolleyes:).

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A non-burning wreck may be targeted but is not involved in overstacking and cannot be hit as such. Per A5.132 only vehicles can be hit in an overstacked hex. A wreck is not a vehicle.

JR

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ken,
Is that why I haven't seen a log from you recently? I could have answered that question.