Doctor Who RPG

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I bet it's gonna be published by Sinister Inc. Mind Control Department :devious:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
By RPG, do you mean the paper and pencil sort, with the funny shaped dice, and a guy running the game from a tome.

Or did you mean yet another computer game?

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aries said:
By RPG, do you mean the paper and pencil sort, with the funny shaped dice, and a guy running the game from a tome.

Or did you mean yet another computer game?
There already is a pencil and paper one, made by FASA.

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The latest RPG I have seen is:

Time Lord - Adventures through Time and Space (1991)
This was another tabletop roleplaying game, written by Ian Marsh and Peter Darvill-Evans and published in paperback novel format by Virgin Publishing. It was not a success mainly because Virgin was unknown in the gaming market. This game is totally unrelated to the previously released Doctor Who RPG by FASA. It has different, simpler, mechanics and is considered faithful to the original television show. It has been made available for free on the Internet by the authors.

The only new Doctor Who game is:

http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/8989&bklist=<venda_bklist1>

I really do not think this is a RPG though...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Oh no, that's the one I'm thinking of, the blue book one.

I also have one of the supplements for the FASA game - they had some 25mm miniatures as well, got a box of those somewhere. They must be 20 years old by now.

Dr. S.

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The latest RPG update I have seen was published in 1991. I have heard of no plans to have a new RPG. I would welcome any information though!

Karri

Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Been spending too much time at the history/weapons section, I thought this was a thread about Doctor Who's rocket propelled grenades.

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Y'know, you could make a Dr. Who RPG of your own. That or adapt an existing one to your uses, such as the Spycraft RPG system (for pen-and-paper anyway).

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Bariman said:
Y'know, you could make a Dr. Who RPG of your own. That or adapt an existing one to your uses, such as the Spycraft RPG system (for pen-and-paper anyway).
Only if I'm allowed to be a Dalek.

Dr. S.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bariman said:
No, use GURPS.

Tim

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The only Doctor Who game I have tried was in May 1998. It was piece of junk, the only good thing was EB gave me my money back for it.