Do you talk to your dice and do they listen?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Moderators please ignore the hijacking of any of my threads. I rather enjoy it!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Moderators please ignore the hijacking of any of my threads. I rather enjoy it!
Unless of course it veers into the disputaious topics. Then feel free to exercise your authority. I am here for the enjoyment and comradeship. There is enough BS going on in the world, don't need it here. Gamesquad is a refugium for me. Thanks!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Maximillian or just Max aka Mr Lipstick (this is from years ago when Max was still a puppy)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Maximillian or just Max aka Mr Lipstick (this is from years ago when Max was still a puppy)
View attachment 23522
Love dogs but have spent most of my life in apartments so cats a better option.

Actiondebbie keeps talking about a dog but I know the guy who would end up with most of the dog chores. Moi!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Love dogs but have spent most of my life in apartments so cats a better option.

Actiondebbie keeps talking about a dog but I know the guy who would end up with most of the dog chores. Moi!
we've always had dogs since I was a child. now I only have Dolly at mom's cuz of finances & room & my ex has a house with a giant back yard so she kept the dogs but I can go visit anytime cuz we're still friends & I like her new dude & the kids are still there & some of my crap is still there in its own room. now I've got time to get it out & in my place or storage once we get settled in back over there in Gonzalez (I think that's where the address will be - it's in the Gonzalez-St Amant area or the Greater Baton Rouge area).

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
we've always had dogs since I was a child. now I only have Dolly at mom's cuz of finances & room & my ex has a house with a giant back yard so she kept the dogs but I can go visit anytime cuz we're still friends & I like her new dude & the kids are still there & some of my crap is still there in its own room. now I've got time to get it out & in my place or storage once we get settled in back over there in Gonzalez (I think that's where the address will be - it's in the Gonzalez-St Amant area or the Greater Baton Rouge area).
Gosh that’s the makins of a blues song just there?? Take care. 🤔

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Nice to see you are still around. Quite missed your input and humor.
I have been busy with a lot of things which have kept my hobbies in check.

That said, it is been more than a year since I last played ASL, which is the longest hiatus since picking up the game, I believe.

von Marwitz

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A recent article said researchers had determined cats can tell when they are being spoken to. It went on to discuss the changes in the human's vocalizations when speaking to their cat. Btw this is obvious to anyone who owns a cat or dog.

I got to thinking about talking to my dice and realized it was something that went back to my earliest days of gaming. At our Saturday Risk games in Junior High we would invoke the name of our current heart's desire before rolling.

Playing Yahtzee it was " hotsie totsie another Yahtzee ".

During the SL/ ASL days it was mainly " eyes "!

Of course none of this worked and was just silly stuff. Probably. But it can't hurt and adds color to the proceedings.

Do you talk to your dice? What are your favorite utterances or expletives?

Btw the study concluded cats know their names and when they are being spoken to. They just don't care. Again bleedingly obvious to anyone who has ever lived with a cat.🙄
Paging Bendis.....................Paging Bendis...........

Tell them the story at the OPEN when you predicted the Boxcars.