Do you put -2 leaders on your designs?

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Refusing to have a 10-3 leader in a scenario because it is overpowered is like shunning a scenario because it has a Tiger in it.
All is in the VC and other design choices, such as the overall leadership quality (and the number of leaders).
Also, a player is very tempted to use his 10-3 daringly, thus reducing its survival probability. And even if he is careful, there are dangerous moves that one will make with less powerful leaders, which will put a 10-3 in harm's way (with a potentially bad outcome for it too).
There's a disproportionate amount of scenarios with Tigers in them! I try and avoid them too!...well I think 10-3s are more unbalancing to a scenario - you can always swarm a Tiger after all.

Robin Reeve

φιλέω ASL אני אוהב
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
When Tigers were historically there, it is more debatable not to include them in a scenario than to choose not to include a 10-3, though.
That said I am not fascinated by Tigers.
I have my "end war heavy metal" moments, but I think that I prefer tin cans or average tanks over super heavyweights most of the time.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have my "end war heavy metal" moments, but I think that I prefer tin cans or average tanks over super heavyweights most of the time.
This is one of the many reasons why I enjoy playing the DTO scenarios so much.
Even though the Tigers managed to make an appearance there as well towards the end. Truth be told, I enjoy playing the scenarios with Tigers included and in my ASL experience, the Tigers seem to have just as many weaknesses/flaws as many of their opponents in the system.

Robin Reeve

φιλέω ASL אני אוהב
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Tigers are indeed overrated.
I prefer Panthers.
But those can also be overcome - if the means to kill them or to circumvent them are available...