Do you have a Billy Baroo?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pulling counters for tomorrow's Rocky Mountain Rumble, and it occurred to me that I basically just use whichever units pop up first in the Plano bin. Some of them are clearly newbies, some of them seem to have been around a while.

But like Judge Smails here with his beloved putter, I wonder if anybody has a favored squad, leader, or SW that they use for "special" circumstances. When you really need them, do you have your own ASL Billy Baroo?
"Ohhhh Billy. We really need snakeyes here."

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I have a favourite, but I keep it concealed, at least in public.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I have my MMP ASL-A-Thong®. That sometimes helps me feel more comfortable when things get tight.

JR

Major Issues

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vince
Country
llUnited States
Me and some friends had a Least Favorite Counter, the old German Sgt. Wiesing 8-1. Maybe it was just because we knew Bill Wiesing and noticed it more, but that counter definitely had a black cloud over his little cardboard head. If he got a NMC, he would break. If he tried to rally a squad, they would roll a 12. If a sniper was about, it would find him. We would write scenarios - "Russian Balance - Germans get Sgt. Wiesing".

You would think that my favorite counter would be my personal leader counter, but that is not the case. Mostly it is because of lack of opportunities to use it. See, I am a Critical Hit 9-1 Ethiopian leader, resplendent with my dress and spear. The counter artwork was based on a real photo of me. Although I no longer have the spear, I do still put on the dress for those 'special' Saturday nights.

My favorite counter is a King Tiger, and I try to exchange it for another counter in my OB at every opportunity. "I couldn't find a Type 94 tank counter. Can I use this King Tiger instead???"

I DO seem to win more games when I have my lucky counter...

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C'Mon, the only leader counter that you need is Mudge!!!! I have Mudge running around Stalingrad right now!

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have my MMP ASL-A-Thong®.
We wear them on our feet down in Australia! Just as comfortable.

As to my favourite cardboard pieces...they all die on me anyway.:(

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In those rare occasions where I have a 10-0 Commissar I always search and use the original Com Balis from RB. Back in the day printing was not always so good and my counted the dot above the line portion of the " i " runs together. Therefore I always use Commissar Balls as it appears on the counter. Please note in updated versions the " i " is clear and it is not as in the original.