Do you go to the theater or buy DVDs?

How do you most often see the movies you want?

• I go to the theater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I buy them on DVD

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I rent them

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I watch them on TV

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I download them from the Internet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Get a few things on Netflix. Mostly buy stuff on DVD I know I'm interested in (usually wait for used copies to save money). Rarely go to the movies cuz of prices now. Probably go to the theater three times a year or less now.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Netflix; I watch 2-3 DVDs per week via Netflix. Watch 2-3/month via dl from Netflix on my PC. Watch 2-3/year in the theatre. Family owns 20-30 films on VHS or DVD--mostly kids feature films.

Wish there were more good films to see in the theatre, but I can't see spending $20 [I do love movie theatre popcorn!] and 3 hours of my time for the usual pap. The local 'cheap tickets/second-run' theatre near us doesn't get that many good films.

A/CSM Bird

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I do all the top 3 actually but TV seems to be my most preferred venue of late, 50" HDTV with HD cable package.

The theatre is still an option for the 'big' film blockbuster releases ie LOTR and the like, or some of the small, foreign, obscure films my female friends want to see.

...and if those films are 'keepers' I'll buy them on DVD for the collection.

I could D/L if I wanted to but haven't yet.

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To tell you the truth I hate TV, and I don't like going to the theater because the movies are not that good, their neither worth my money or time. Oh' there are some great movies being made, about 2 or or 3 out of 50. Don't get me wrong the other 47 or so are still good movies, just not great. Most movies are just not worth my money or time. Money is not a super important consideration with me, but never the less it is a consideration that must be addressed, but what is very important to me is time. I tell you what, there are many other things that are worth my time. I hate going to the movie theater and wishing for the end of the movie just because I have better things to do at home. I like movies, infact I love great movies, it's just that most movies are nothing more than an ilusion of entertainment. Movies are just movies made for TV, and TV has comercials. I feel like I'm being hypnotized, and being tricked to go into the theater. I feel like "they" are taking away my humanity and treating me like an animal, so unless the movie is great movie theaters agravate the hell out of me.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I hardly go to the theater any more except for stuff like Master and Commander and Lord of the Rings. That said, I would be quite unhappy if theaters disappeared and I no longer had the option.