Do MMP usually reply

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
About a week ago I sent an email to MMP 'problems' to request a replacement sheet of counters due to them being misprinted. I asked if they could help with this but haven't heard back.

I just wanted to ask some of you old time posters if its usual for MMP to just fix the problem and send replacements without confirming they got your mail or if the web page is pretty much unmamanned and that I'd be better of asking the retailer to sort me out with a refund or swap.

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pete,

I would resend the e-mail again to problems and maybe send a note to Brian Y. at byouse at cablespeed.com, with the 'at' being a @.

I have good service with MMP but getting a confirmation that they are acting on your request, well..........

Keith

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would resend, but also note that when they are packing and shipping 1200+ pre orders for the Starter Kit (finishing up now, I think) they put aside most problems till things slow down. It means taht sometimes you wait a bit for a reply, but they get the 1200 or so others taken care of.

At least, that's my understanding...

Darkman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
email from MMP on problems

When I got my ASLSK it was missing scenario card 3 (the one with #5 & #6). I sent them notice using their "problems" email and got an aknowledgement from Brian Y 2 days later, and got the replacement Today.

So if you havn't heard from them resend on their problems email link, I would say.[/quote]

Hunter42

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Funny,

I thought about posting this topic as well.

I send them two times questions concerning my order and the ASLSK, but they never answered. I thought its only me.....

Regards

Michael

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ok,

I'll try resending it.

I always make a point of answering all my business emails the same day I get them - Its just good business. I guess they get lost in the interether every now and again. :)

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would suggest calling and talking to a live person. I too was missing scenario card 3. I called up and one was sent out that day. I received it a few days later.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Houlie said:
I would suggest calling and talking to a live person. I too was missing scenario card 3. I called up and one was sent out that day. I received it a few days later.
When you live overseas, that's less easy to accomplish since you have to arrange to ring during business hours (with international timezones to account for) and more expensive as well. I guess that's why email is a useful alternative.

Hunter42

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Exactly !
I live in Germany, and email is the way to communicate. I never had problems with other companies.

And because I wont phone to USA, thats why I am not happy about NOT getting answers to my e-mails :-(

Michael

Edit: I have to add that Keith answered a private message immediatly. Its just the sales@ E-mail address that does not reply. I dont want to complain, but it would add a professional touch to MMP if they would get SOME indication that they read your stuff and that they take you serious. Anyway, as the ASLSK is now online, i have just ordered it via the normal webpage.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys,

We try to act on every problem email ASAP, because we're serious about customer service. Pete, most likely your email has been received but we haven't had time to act on it. I also know we're just about out of stock at the office and Brian was discussing making a massive warehouse run, so the office folks may be waiting to get the stuff from the warehouse to fulfill your request if it's an older title.

We've also had some instances where email from overseas never arrived. :roll:

Private message me with the issue and I will make sure I ask about it next week.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Replies by MMP

If you are looking for good answers/service from the MMP "Guys", you got to get in touch with LuAnn Youse. She's the only person that works very effectively at the HQ's....

All the other "Guys" have some lame excuse like "Got a day job" or sumthin like that.

Oh Yeah, that "fella" in WV, he tries, but all of us just beat him silly.... But rarely, he can come up with a "REAL ANSWER"...

Kevin "Keith, tag yer it"

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I get an email with a problem (problems@ or byouse@ or info@) then I usually ack them as soon as possible, print them out, and take them to the office to be dealt with.

We generally don't respond to "everyone I know got one but I haven't yet" emails while we're shipping a product because it really doesnt' matter if everyone you know got one, what matters is when it was ordered. Seeing as how we get dozens of these (or more) on a daily basis when a new product is shipping we just cannot handle the time lost answering this question.

We're FIFO in all instances where everything goes OK. When there is a problem it is put in a pile of other preorders with issues to be dealt with when we finish shipping. I'd rather send out 10 more orders without problems than "stop the presses" and resolve why an order has problems.

Lu Ann deals with the sales@ account, but when we are busy it is dealt with as time allows. She's busy collating games, shrinkwrapping, shipping, and dealing with the dozens plus phone calls of people asking "where's my game, my friend got his already and he just lives next door".

We have her and two part time employees. Stopping the process of collation, shrinkwrapping (if we even hear the phone over the noise), and shipping every 5 min to answer the phone digs into delivery time in a big way as well.

So unfortunately, services like prompt answering of emails or voicemails has to fall by the wayside. Or we'd never get any games sent out.

Brian

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Ha ha-

just wait when you start collating and shipping out AoO, I bet the e-mails and the phone calls will go through the roof.

BTW i want my DAK II now! ; )

scott

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not looking forward to AOO, it's about 3 times larger than ASLSK and has as many direct orders.

That's gonna be a few busy weeks.

Brian

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian Y. said:
I'm not looking forward to AOO, it's about 3 times larger than ASLSK and has as many direct orders.

That's gonna be a few busy weeks.

Brian
When are you going to turn over completely the direct orders to other outlets like Fine Games, Gamer's Armory, Key's, etc.? Would that make it easier to ship on your part?

Keith

byouse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When are you going to turn over completely the direct orders to other outlets like Fine Games, Gamer's Armory, Key's, etc.? Would that make it easier to ship on your part?
Not any time soon, they are just a part of our overall sales.

Pete AU

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well

I just got my replacements in the mail. So i guess the answer is...

MMP don't reply to your emails but they will act on them - so include your address for them to post stuff out, and all should be well.