Do entrained reinforcements effect capacity?

jaw

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to have reinforcements arriving on map entrained but I don't know if they are bound by the scenario's rail capacity or if not, if they will increase the rail capacity when they detrain? I hoping the answer to both questions is no, no.

Thanks,

Jim Wirth

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I want to have reinforcements arriving on map entrained but I don't know if they are bound by the scenario's rail capacity or if not,
Actually - the Scn doesn't contain a rail capacity - this is defined in the PDT. In any case, to answer the question, no, Reinforcements arriving ENTRAINED are not counted against the PDT Value in that unit are not forced to DETRAIN if it these arriving troops exceed the limit.

if they will increase the rail capacity when they detrain?
Basicially, the amount of units defined in the PDT is counted only when ON MAP unit that are not entrained attempt to ENTRAIN. That is the only time this limit is checked is when a unit on the map attempts to entrain. Then, if you have surplus capacity it will be allowed. But if you are at the limit, or OVER the limit due to reinforcement arriving entrained, then new units will not be able to be entrained.

I hope I am clear here but by all means let me know if you need further clarification.

Bottomline is the PDT has a LIMIT and this LIMIT is checked when a unit on the map that is NOT entrained, tries to Entrain. If you have the capacity it is allowed.

If a unit arrives by reinforcements Entrained than it is automatically allowed even if it puts the side over the capacity. But those units do count IF you try to entrain more unit.

Glenn