DnO Multiplayer Sign-up

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
That did not come out quite the way, I wanted it to. :eek: My apologies. I meant to ask where the turn was.

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
can a newcomer join?

Say, I dont quite know what kind of game you guy's have going here, but I love TOAW, and if a 'multiplayer' game is going, i would love to command even a small group of units.
I'm a pretty agressive airman, so i could be made air commander if a 'blizy' approach is needed, ofcourse I can be prudent, but I have found that in toaw, the airwar can be savagely over, in one wrong turns moves, so the underling, has to be very prudent against an air orientated player...
But enough of that. Can somebody tell what game this thread is about.
If it's a multiplayer, and it's full... Maybe some newbies could start a game of their own?
Or have I got the wrong Idea?
mrpoundr.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Yes, turn passed on to Bill yesterday.

17poundr, it's multiplayer insofar that TOAW can be. We are playing Drang Nach Osten 3.6. Essentially, the four Army Group Commanders pass the file around before the first combat round, making all the moves and setting up round one combats. Then I take the file, initiate round one and finish the turn no matter how many rounds it goes.

So far I've been playing the Luftwaffe. There isn't much to do really with the air groups. The Group commanders manage the round one Air superiority and send me recommendations about air attacks and bombardments. Feel free to start a multiplayer game of your own. Since DnO is such a monster, it is kind of nice to break the turn up between five players. It means all get to see the game progress, but are only burdened with part of the play. We are only doing this for the German side. The Soviet side is being played by a single player.

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can Pounder take over for me? I think I have bitten off more than I can chew with games right now. Let me know if I should forward the move or finish it up after I get back from voting. Hope the line's not too long. Very enjoyable it's just too much for me right now.

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okey Dokey.
Hey thanks for the game guys! Maybe I'll be back some day.
BTW, if 17 can't take over after all, I'll do my duty until a sub can be found.

17poundr

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Tiberius said:
Can Pounder take over for me? I think I have bitten off more than I can chew with games right now. Let me know if I should forward the move or finish it up after I get back from voting. Hope the line's not too long. Very enjoyable it's just too much for me right now.
I would be happy to, what is my mission?
TOAW cow at the ready on the 4'th day of the 11th month, 2004!

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Turn sent to 17p. Just send it back to me when you're done. In general, try to flip the .sal back to me in a day or two. It's just if all the commanders take 4 days, plus a day or two for me, then it takes more than two weeks to do one turn.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
So any news? Are things slowing down? Should we join forces with Montpariglia? He posted in another thread. Exchangeable commanders? Doch, AGS wie immer - auf Angriff eingestellt.

Last edited:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Well, I sent the file to 17pounder and I haven't heard from him in a couple days. I'll send him another email and if he doesn't respond, I'll play out AGN myself.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
I still haven't heard from 17pounder and for the last couple of days I've intended to take over AGN myself and finish the turn. Just haven't had the time. I expect I'll make some tomorrow night. Sorry that it's starting to drag again.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Screw it...

I went ahead and did the turn tonight. This might have been the bloodiest turn yet. .sals sent out to the 3 commanders. Turn sent to Foggy at about 11:30 pm EST.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Mensch, did you send us the right end sal file? When I open it all my units have full movement... ? Is it the start sal file?

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
I must have sent out the beginning turn file. It was late and I was pretty tired. I just sent out what I think is the end file. Sorry guys.

I pretty much just hit everything I could hoping to regain some momentum. At the start of the Axis T13 Soviet loss penalty was 1719. At the end it was 2104 (I think).

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Excellent work! It seems we have Foggy's boys shattered pretty much everywhere! Except perhaps in my sector... :eek: :laugh:

Perhaps time soon for a little addition to the AAR? (It is so lovely to put others to work :cheeky: )