DnO Multiplayer Sign-up

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Dicke Bertha said:
Oops, then I'll be next to go... Rasmus, would you like me to do Braunschweig or the multiplayer first... :devious: :cheeky: ETA Denmark Braunschweig 24h. :D
Go ahead with Braunschweig. I might not get to finish all of DNO today.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Tiberius said:
Or, if it's more convenient, I could take the turn next. Had a day off today due to rain and I'm about to send Foggy's turn.
OK good Tiberius; Rasmus send it onto T, from there on to me. Braunie to you tomorrow. Should be quick: Oh 62nd Army dead, ok, oh 63rd Army surrounded ok, ah 65th army routed well ok, oh at last some reinforcements, errr a penal battalion, how great, end turn! :laugh: :laugh:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
I'm thinking that if each section takes 1-3 days, with four players, the first round moves should be done in a week. A few days for me and we flip it to Foggy. Should be fast enough for all.

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Mensch I just send you the turn and my notes, I hope it does not clog your mailbox too bad. Have to run as the missus is sending me the evil eye.

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
yes... until we discover the one attack planned by me that will eat our entire turn :OHNO:.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
When planning attacks, I saw a lot of grey and yellow boxes in the Planning Window. I didn't manage to get more than eight or nine of them. Is that bad? :p :cheeky:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
DB, I didn't get the email with the turn. Did you send it to: menschenfresser AT rcn DOT com ? Or my old work address. If any of you still have my old work address zachary.hutchinson@idexec.com, delete it. I don't work there anymore.

Oh, yes, and I'll be watching the first round of combat very slowly to see whose report - continues the attack - continues the attack - continues the attack. Not really. :devil:

PS: I just couldn't leave the number of relies at 666. Even Nazis take such superstitions seriously.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
DB, if you send it to Screamer directly, just CC me. I want to keep each version of the file as we progress through round one in case something happens. In the future, everyone can send it to the next person in line while CCing me or to me directly and I'll pass it on. Whatever works best.

Foggy

Reaction score
I should have it back tonight :D The steppes are looking wide open :rolleyes: oh well they're only Russians!

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Regarding Soviet units, since there are so many of them; is is worth the effort in attempting to keep formations together? What about replacements and reinforcements? I am playing the Soviet side in a game of DnO, and at T6 I am starting to get hysterical. If there are no extremely negative sides to just sending units ad hoc anywhere up front, I will do that. :nervous: Foggy, how much does your advise cost? :pIMP:

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Dicke Bertha said:
Regarding Soviet units, since there are so many of them; is is worth the effort in attempting to keep formations together? What about replacements and reinforcements? I am playing the Soviet side in a game of DnO, and at T6 I am starting to get hysterical. If there are no extremely negative sides to just sending units ad hoc anywhere up front, I will do that. :nervous: Foggy, how much does your advise cost? :pIMP:
As the soviet: it would be better to group formations as they are all on internal support but if you are playing against a good german player you can forget abot that, as you formations deploy all over the SU, so simply move them were they are needed and dig in, on the defence it's not really that important and the little supply boost you miss because you have no contact with your HQ is not worth the hassle.
It's a little bit more tricky with your artillery as they are also on internal support, so they will only support units in their own formation or if at least one unit on higher control in involved. But I don't think that I've understud these mechanics correctly but remember that there somewhere in this forum is a thread about artillery and the various support stances. Try to find that :)