DnO Multiplayer Sign-up

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Comments from experienced players, good or bad (hehe Kraut guess who I mean :D )?

In Zac's absence (anyone heard anything from him, getting a little worried) I will assemble the German numbers for pre-T12 and post them too- that will provide for an interesting comparison!

Foggy, do you have any feeling for how your losses were taken, against which AG, when, what? I think the defense of the Stalin line must have cost you plenty, (would you do it again :devil: or fall back on the Dnjepr?), not to mention the the opening turns on the AGC sector. Maybe Mensch will be able to answer the corresponding question re the German losses.

Foggy

Reaction score
I would say most of my losses came from AGC at the start with
the Stalin Line Defense a close second. Mostly armor losses
against AGC & whole corps lost against AGS :dead: I would defend the Stalin Line heavily again, remember it's all about numbers
in the end - the later you take my factory cities - you'll know
when the Red hordes never seem to end :devious:
Edit: Soviet tank divisions make great roadblocks - I was a little nervous about committing so much armor early - but they have really held the Germans up. I am worried about Kiev - Herr
Rasmus to the north - will he go deep or hook south? ;)

Last edited:

Cmdr_Vessery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Foggy said:
I am worried about Kiev - Herr
Rasmus to the north - will he go deep or hook south? ;)
As well you should be.... And no, we're not going to let the cat out of the bag yet... :devious:

~Vessery

tigersqn

WWII Forum Staff
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've been itching to see the progress along the front since resigning my command.
Can we expect a screen shot soon ? :hurray:

Cmdr_Vessery

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tigersqn said:
I've been itching to see the progress along the front since resigning my command.
Can we expect a screen shot soon ? :hurray:
Hopefully something after we get this next turn back...

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Screamer, things are on hold for a while, as the most clever guess is that Mensch has some serious computer problems. So your Ramians are swimming the Dnestr, while awaiting the ultimate order to push deep east.

By the way, how was your fishing trip in the south Atlantic, and how is Mannerheim? :)

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
fishing trip?! hell im scared of the worms and maggots my brother fishes with...................i evaded bombs in cantabria..ok it exploded 5km away

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Foggy said:
.... I would defend the Stalin Line heavily again, remember it's all about numbers
in the end - the later you take my factory cities - you'll know
when the Red hordes never seem to end :devious:
Yep, since I haven't played DnO before, I will take your word for it. I sure am a bit curious to see how the hell I am going to take Kiev soon, and penetrate deep into the industrial south at the same time.

Those tank division roadblocks sure are efficient, they slow me down to the nominal infantry division footpace+ 1-2 turns of fighting. While it is a tactic I would use too, it sucks to meet them. Add at least one turn for non-optimal (per se) order transmission between me and Mensch, and I can't say that the engine models this poorly either, although when looking at the map, you wouldn't expect a single isolated division having much morale or supply, but I know that the average rifleman has a 400-metre understanding of the war.

Ahh, it sure will be a hard drive for AGS.

Screamer: we thought you went away on a fishing trip on a stolen Red Navy destroyer. At least out Führer Mensch said so....

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
ill be dammned.......well go to hell stoopid sons of pigdogs. i whipe youre face in elderberries your grandmothers smelt like rasberries! :mad:

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Whohoo. :bounce: :joy: :banana:
Menschenfresser is back. Can we get this monster back on the tracks?:horse:

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
I have the game turn alright, but I don't have anyone's orders. They sent me before my puter crashed and had never left my inbox. We were on T12, I believe.

I'm worried I won't have time for it. Playing out the orders takes about twice as long as for a normal turn of DnO.

Here's the two choices I'll throw out there that I see as possibilities:
1) We can continue, but under a different system. Since it was generally taking 1.5-2 weeks for me to just get in all the orders prior to the stoppage, I don't see why we couldn't revise the way we do things to let each commander move his units prior to the first round of combat. This would essentially take the place of orders and take me out of the equation prior to the first round. It is the moving of all the units that really takes a heap of time for me.

We could pre-arrange the sending order to fit those who have time immediately to do the turn and those that don't. After each player completes the turn, it is shipped back to me and I'll send it on to the next. I'll completely handle the turn after the first round of combat is initiated.

There would still be a need for conveying the big picture to me, but it could be reduced to a small list with what's going on in each sector of your front. I would still handle the luftwaffe and reinforcements and any Army group for which we don't find a player.

I suspect this way of doing things will also speed up your side of the ball.

2) The second option is to call this off and find something smaller. I'm not sure what that would be. My impression is that scenarios have to fit certain criteria for this method of multiplay to work.

Those commanders who are still interested in playing (Foggy included), you can vote on what you want to do. If the majority want to continue under option (1), we can fire this baby back up. If the majority want to find a new pet to play with, we can look for a different scen. Even if just a few of you want to fire this up, we'll put out a call for replacements.

06 Maestro

Reaction score
This is a much better format. I would add that you should give guidence for each of the army groups to avoid divergent campaigns. Also some quidence from "higher" is needed to get everyone on the same sheet of music regarding how much of a turn they will use in each combat phase. Detailed explanations for each unit are not necessary. If someone wants to write an essay on how they will capture Kiev, fine, but it's an extra activity. The active players can simply send a message with their turns stating that they are complying with your instuctions, or you're a disconected whaco that needs to take a trip to your mountain retreat.
Although I can't jump into this game at this time, this could be a workable format for many more people to enjoy this huge scenario. I hope it's given a try.

Menschenfresser

The Amazing Rando
Reaction score
Thanks for the words Maestro. It won't be necessary to have players assigned a % of each turn. The turn will only be passed around before the first combat phase. So each player would only set up the attacks for the first round. And would only set up attacks that take up 1-2 rounds. Once all players had completed their opening moves, I'd take the turn from there and play it to completion.

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This system works pretty well, especially from the RUssian side where there really is not much to do after the initial moves because there will be few attacks. I'm playing that with some guys at the Blitz, unfortunately the game seemed to ahve stopped.
Actually come to think of it, having one player take over after the first round would make the system just as quick for the Germans (otherwise there is too much emailing). I'm for it. Should I get to work on moving my turn 12 units (I think I still lhave the file)? I'l wait until we're all confirmed.

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am all for going on with the game. Actually I think the individual commander issuing pre round 1 movement is better than what we did before, but I think him issuing even round 1 combat orders could be dangerous...