DM Status

rshurtz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a russian 447 makes a 1+1 attack against an already broken unit is this enough to cause DM status? I always played that it did but found 2 opponents who say that a 1 FP shot never causes DM because of the possiblilty of cowering.

I maintain that since I could possibly roll a 1,2 or 2,1 that this is enough to inflict DM Status?

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DM and cowering

Read 10.62, which says that an attack which can inflict a NMC, taking into consideration the possiblity of cowering causes DM status. A 1+1 will cause DM status because a "3" DR will become a "4" and cause a NMC. If it were a 1+2 then it would not cause DM because a "2" would cower off the charts, a "3" would become a PTC and no other result would require a NMC. This assumes the attacker is not British, who don't cower.

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And this is a clarification in 2nd edition ASLRB. The clause about taking cowering into account wasn't in the 1st edition.

Pete

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this was more than a clarification...

But now, (v2 rules) both firing at a broken unit, and encirclement have to take the possibility of cowering into account. In the past, only encirclement did - and I had to keep looking up the rule to see which was which. :)