dm Puppchen

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was looking through my countersheet and noticed the dm Puppchen was not a 1/2 inch counter, but a 5/8 inch counter. Is it supposed to be treated like a SW ala the dm pack 75, or does it have to use transport to get it around?

I don't see anything in the notes that clarify this.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would think that if it lists PP (don't have the counter in front of me) it's meant to be treated like a SW. Though, I agree, clarification would probably be good.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just can't read. Its in Note A.

"Towing in NA. This Gun may [be] dismantled into a 5PP SW."

'[be]' inserted by me.

I need to make up some new counters I think. Per the Index : "(Support Weapon; any weapon depicted on a 1/2 inch counter):" It will also help to keep people guessing about them when they are dm and concealed.

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Think 81mm mortar when you think of the Puppchen. It can be manhandled, but not towed. It can be dismantled and it's parts carried (like a MTR) at a cost of 5pp.

We're discussing internally at BFP the possibility of adding the 1/2" dismantled counter(s) so that it will help you with concealment. This is something we overlooked. We'll keep you in the loop.

But to verify..Pup is manhandle, not towed, can be dismantled and carried for 5pp like a 81mm Mortar..

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alan,

I thought we had put this out a few months ago. With so much going on may not have clarified, and I apologize for that.

the dm counters were printed in 5/8" as an economical choice, and we also wanted to ensure players had them. If the few counters were done 1/2", the die would have been non-standard, price would have increased, etc. We do plan to print the 1/2" versions in the future. We may or may not do this in BFP 3: Blood and Jungle depending on how the final layout works.

Chas