Diverse Round 4

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still plan to swap my Recon scenario in Rd 4 instead of the original large Rd 4 "Rampa" scenario (may be a slight start delay).

Rd 4 matchups:

Allies vs. Axis
1. BigAlMoho vs. Lurker: Axis Minor 44 / 56
2. Michael Dorosh vs. MeatEtr: Axis Major 19 / 81
3. KG_SSpoom (for Redwolf) vs. jdsu
4. Quellist vs. Cornolio: Allied Total 89 / 11
5. Mangus2000 vs Leto

Round 4
Title: KM- Recon in Force (CMAK)
Type: Meeting Engagement
Date: November 1944
Region: Combined
Terrain: Rural
Weather: Damp, Cold, Dirt, Overcast, Dawn.
Wind: Windy
Turns: 35
Size: Large
Forces: German v. British
Designed for: PBEM / TCP only
Designer: Palantir

Strategic Situation:
Recent American advances into southwestern Luxemburg have resulted in some areas of confusion within the tangled forest regions forward of this area. Various formations have both advanced and withdrawn in the same 24 hour period over the same unmarked roads. This has resulted in small pockets of both American and German forces being lost, bypassed and engaged by enemy forces. A weather front has brought fog into the region further complicating matters.

To remedy the lack of solid intelligence both sides have sent contingents of reconnaissance units into the forested valleys to locate enemy positions. Everyone hopes to be out of these blasted forests before the approaching winter storms of December bring snow, making the roads and trails impassable.

Tactical situation:

As nightfall approached recon forces from German and British formations (on loan from 21st Army Group) started coming into contact with each other. But with the coming of darkness an impenetrable fog suddenly descended upon the valley dropping visibility to less than 20 meters. In the knot of crisscrossing roads and trails units have became separated and lost and orders were finally given to hold positions until sunrise. Still throughout the night sounds of vehicles moving are heard all around. The morning sun reveals the fog has thinned: now it’s just a matter of locating the enemy, which could be anywhere...

{And yes I said British- :p }

ROUND 5

Title: KM-Diverse Tourney Round 4 “Battle in the Rampa Valley” (CMAK)
Type: Meeting Engagement with attack and defend.
Date: October 1944
Region: Combined
Terrain: Rural/Urban
Weather: Dry, Warm, Clear, Midday.
Wind: Breeze
Turns: 45
Size: Large (2480 x 1840)
Points: @ 9100 Ax 9500 Al TOTAL (Offense Force and Defense Force)
Designed for: PBEM only
Designer: Palantir
Notes: Each force, defensive & offensive has its own setup area.

Situation:
A recent push by infantry from both armies in the Italian mountains has lead to a stalemate with opposing forces battling some 40km south of Bologna over the city of Lagaro in the Rampa Valley along a key highway, #325. The only way to break the deadlock and gain control of the vital route is with another Infantry offensive through the valley, this time supported by armor.

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've heard from all but the bolded players. {Updated :clap: }
The round starts Friday and if I haven't heard from them by Friday evening I'll probably match up JDSU & Cornolio and get the game out to everyone. {Although, matching up 2 Axis players will really screw with the points, hmmmm re-thinking that...}

Allies vs. Axis
1. BigAlMoho vs. Lurker
2. Michael Dorosh vs. MeatEtr
3. Redwolf vs. jdsu
4. Quellist vs. Cornolio
5. Mangus2000 vs Leto

It should be a fast and furious round.

Any standbys want in first please post and anyone else that might like a go please post as well.
:D

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Come on, someone step up to the CMAK plate & dig in! :supper:

Surely JDSU isn't that awesome of a player that one of you can't take him! :whist:

:nofear:

And when's the last time you played a game that the most feared unit on the map was from the "vehicle" catagory?
:bite: :horse: :bite:

Or hearing the sound of MG fire filled you with dread?
:eek: :violin:

We're warming up the engines for you, sign up!
:toast:

{ Edit- File sent! Let loose the hounds!! And still waiting for 1 more Allied player! }

Last edited:

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
Quellist vs. Cornolio
Allied: Total Victory 89 - 11

Axis surrender on turn 12.

:horse:

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dan and I are nearing the completion of this egg catching contest. The axis troopers of Leto's recon death squads have blown to smithereens and exterminated all Allied life forms from three quarters of the map. Some pesky Allied forces still cling to the hope of getting an opportunity to weakly stab at me from hell's heart...

: )

Cheers!

Leto

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
[hirr]Leto;1374148 said:
Dan and I are nearing the completion of this egg catching contest. The axis troopers of Leto's recon death squads have blown to smithereens and exterminated all Allied life forms from three quarters of the map. Some pesky Allied forces still cling to the hope of getting an opportunity to weakly stab at me from hell's heart...

: )

Cheers!

Leto
You'll never win the war though ;-)

mangus2000

Reaction score
Country
ll
Me and Leto finished up our game yesterday, i scored a Minor Defeat which i must say is better than i thought i was gonna get :)

Enjoyed the game but would've lost by a bigger margin if i hadn't got some luck near the end.

MeatEtr

Reaction score
Good game Dorosh!

Palantir, once again, great job on the scenario, it's true to your word being diverse and different. I kept losing track of my troops with them being scattered all over the map. So probably spent more time with the turns than I normally would.

Looking forward to the next round, good times! :thumup:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
[video=youtube;3lHSuMkRvEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lHSuMkRvEs[/video]

Palantir says its ok to post this - minor spoiler alert, but I think everyone is far along enough that OOB issues aren't a problem at this point. If so, be aware there is a brief discussion of the general starting lineup for the Allied side in this AAR video.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's games in due course.