Diverse Round 1

MeatEtr

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand that. Are you saying that CMx2 does not have view only turns? How does that work?
Yeah, in CMSF, every file you get you watch a turn and then do your next turn every time.

Edit: Also because of this, when you do your setup you also do your first turn orders. So CMx1 players forget this and click go after setup, effectively wasting your first turn. A mistake I made too many times since old habits die hard.

Last edited:

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
All games need to post the final score and % victory so we can get a match score.
96/4 in my favor, ALLIED TOTAL VICTORY after an unconditional surrender on turn XX.

The Axis can win in this scenario just as easy as the Allies can :nofear: - it's not the side but the players :p who are determining the outcomes.
I have to say that I'm sympathetic towards Leto's point of view. I don't want to give anything away for those who are still playing, so I'll stop with that.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Axis can win in this scenario just as easy as the Allies can :nofear: - it's not the side but the players :p who are determining the outcomes.
I'm sorry Kerry, but I've been around the block a bit and I have enough experience to know that it is very difficult to support that argument.

No sour grapes or anything, and I apologize if this sounds like a criticism because I do appreciate you putting on the tournament.

I very much hope that someone proves my logic wrong and finds a way to win as axis on this one!

: )

Cheers!

Leto

BigAlMoho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, the surrender has happened... Now the victory pool has become skewed with this lop-sided victory... Too bad... Oh well, playing on...

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Wow, big surprise. Leto has not finished something he's started.

There is enough time to substitute in another player - I believe we have one waiting in the wings, no?

I've can't count the number of AARs I've read Leto start - and never finish.

He also tried to start up a meta campaign about a year ago here. And never got around to doing anything with it.

He's all talk.

Total no-class move on his part to trash Kerry's hard work like this.

FWIW my opponent did register some reservations about the force matchups, as did I, but my reservations were more along the lines of the game basically coming down to the AFV handling and that the game could conceivably be won or lost on one or two gun duels during one or two turns.

I think perhaps this scenario comes down to the "puzzle" aspect and the players so far have simply not approached it the way other tourney/playtest populations have.

But whatever. I have no problem in continuing on no matter what transpires from this point; I won't be one of the whiners who ruins it for everyone else. The point was supposed to be to play a few games and have some fun, maybe watch a few explosions. Unfortunate not everyone saw it that way.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Certainly time for a reset of Leto's game.
I would be happy to take Axis against Quellist, and have that score replace my own against Cornolio, if that is of any help. Bearing in mind I've seen the scenario file in some detail.

Just an option. Maybe he could get 100 points off me. I'd be fine with taking the lower of the two scores either way - anything to keep the tourney going in something resembling fairness.

Last edited:

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
Woha, this got heated in a jiffy.

Anyway, it is not like I'm going to insist on taking a 96/4 total into the next round so I'm sure that we can come to some agreement once we have all the scores in, I'm easy.

BigAlMoho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Woha, this got heated in a jiffy.

Anyway, it is not like I'm going to insist on taking a 96/4 total into the next round so I'm sure that we can come to some agreement once we have all the scores in, I'm easy.
But, then again, if you really trounced him you deserve the points!

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time out!
Lets keep this about the scenario not the players playing.

1. Yes, the PW's will be supplied at the rounds end.
2. The Axis have won 66% of the previously played games for this scenario so I know it's possibile. If anyone needs more info I can supply it at the rds end.
3. Quellist - please send me the last turn BEFORE the surrender- I will run a ceasefire and get the games actual score at that point. {Or adjust from there}
4. Everyone is allowed their own opinions of any scenario so no hard feelings on my part.
5. Please just Ceasefire in any future games, surrendering is just a headache for everyone.
6. We know you're easy Quellist, just not cheap!

Last edited:

BigAlMoho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Time out!
Lets keep this about the scenario not the players playing.

1. Yes, the PW's will be supplied at the rounds end.
2. The Axis have won 66% of the previously played games for this scenario so I know it's possibile. If anyone needs more info I can supply it at the rds end.
3. Quellist - please send me the last turn BEFORE the surrender- I will run a ceasefire and get the games actual score at that point. {Or adjust from there}
4. Everyone is allowed their own opinions of any scenario so no hard feelings on my part.
5. Please just Ceasefire in any future games, surrendering is just a headache for everyone.
6. We know you're easy Quellist, just not cheap!
Well said!

I really like this scenario: it's like playing two(or three) scenarios side by side... I can't wait to see the discussion after the results!

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yep, I'm done.

Get me out of this tournament and away from these people.

Cheers!

Leto

MeatEtr

Reaction score
No way in hell I'm leaving with so much trash talking going on. It's keeping things interesting outside the battles. :ar15:

And hell, we're only one battle in. :laugh:

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
But, then again, if you really trounced him you deserve the points!
Well, he was broken :cool:, but it was still fairly early in the game so anything from tactical and upwards I would guesstimate, in no small part depending on how inspired his play would have been, he is in a really bad spot but, imho, he is the better player. (this is my first game in 5+ years.)

The problem is that if you just cease-fire right now I will lose pretty badly (not guys on all of my secure flags) and given a turn or two to put guys on those flags would put me anywhere between minor-defeat and a minor-victory. It is after that that the easy points really should have started coming in. I've sent a file to Palantir so I guess we shall have to wait on his judgment.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quellist vs. Leto Cease-fire.

Straight Cease-fire = Axis Draw 53/47.
Cease-fire with "Quellist" covering his base flags = Allied Minor Victory 59/41.

Central village remained neutral in both outcomes.
Based on final positions & units located there and around the map neither player would have any certainty of gaining solid control of the flags anytime soon if at all. It would have been a bloody struggle to the bitter end.

Outcome: Allied *Minor Victory 59/41.
* May be adjusted up later depending on other games*

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
Central village remained neutral in both outcomes.
Based on final positions & units located there and around the map neither player would have any certainty of gaining solid control of the flags anytime soon if at all. It would have been a bloody struggle to the bitter end.

Outcome: Allied *Minor Victory 59/41.
* May be adjusted up later depending on other games*
Ouch. Can't say that I agree with your assessment, but if that is what you think... c'est la vie. :violin:
:)

Last edited: