Distant Guns Screenshots

Napoleon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Excellent!! 2005 will be a great year for naval sims with both Pirates of the Burning Sea and Disant Guns being released. I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. :)

vyshka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is looking like it is going to be real good. It will be very interesting to see where they go with the engine. I know they have talked of a WWI and WWII setting. There is also mention of the Franco-Prussian war on the website Priest links, but didn't really say that they were considering a game about it.

Napoleon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I believe four people confirmed that they are getting Pirates of the Burning Sea. Some groups on the Internet already have wolfpacks of 40 ships ready to pillage the Caribbean.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Napoleon said:
I believe four people confirmed that they are getting Pirates of the Burning Sea. Some groups on the Internet already have wolfpacks of 40 ships ready to pillage the Caribbean.
How do you split the booty? :D

Dr. S.

Lempereur1

Kapellmeister
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahoy Mates! Theres Distant Guns on the horizon!

Gentleman:

Norm and I would like to extend our thanks for your interest in our upcoming debut release, Distant Guns. We believe that the time period offers a unique setting for Naval combat.

It is the only period in history where modern naval vessels, armed with the new fangled syncronised electric firing controls and the 1st generation self propelled torpedos exsist without submarines or airplanes!

Another unique fact is almost every ship in the game has torpedos!

I would not worry about a weak AI computer player. So far, its kicked the crap out of every previewer thats taken it out for a sea trail preview! Oleg Mastruko did a preview at The Wargamer and said he thought that it might be the best computer player he has ever seen.

The ballistics model may also be the most realistic ever released. Every shell fired appears physically in the game, tranverses it's actual ballistic arc, and is resolved visually in the game. Yu can even turn on the shell cam and ride the latest shell all the way to the target! (Slim Pickens would have loved this feature....)

We still have about a month or so left in development, so stay tuned!

As for future plans for the engine, NOrm and I plan on taking over the world.....:]
(wait till you see the walls blow up at Hugomount.....or maybe take IVAN out for a spin...)

Norm may try and drop by later tonight or tomorrow.:alien:

Rhetor

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Thank you for the good words about the game. Although I do very much enjoy the period, what I am really waiting for, is the possibility to board SMS Lutzow and whip Beatty again. Or to sink the Grand Fleet... or the other way round, to change the fate of poor Craddock...