Disruption and fantic units

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

we are playing RB and have a situation where a Russian disrupted unit is in an open ground hex and thus can rout during the rout phase - it's rout destination is a factory and in RB Russian units in factories are fanatic.

As 19.12 states that fanatic units cannot be disrupted do the routing disrupted Russians loose disruption on completing their rout to the factory?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
It's not 100% clear to me, but that's how I would play it. The Russians become fanatic the moment they enter the factory and thus lose the disruption status.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes this is what we thought, however, the rules are not clear, it just looks to us that this has no be thought through.

the disruption rules state that a fanatic unit cannot become disrupted at no point is it stated that a disrupted unit that becomes fanatic loses the disruption - the campaign games have a relatively small amount of special rules and strange that they were not thought through to the logical conclusion and very surprised that this situation did not come up in play testing given the number of potential conscript squads that the Russian player gets and this the potential for disruption to occur.

we will play as you suggest as it does semi the most logical solution - thanks

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The rulebook cannot elucidate a SSR, which overrides the normal rules.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
You could ask Perry for an official answer. I think it would be worth it.

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi

yep probably worthwhile, never done this before so how do I ask perry? And who is he?

sorry to sound so stupid

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi

yep probably worthwhile, never done this before so how do I ask perry? And who is he?

sorry to sound so stupid
Please to be sure to report in the Perry Sez Collection here on Gamesquad. So we'll know the answer!

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
How long does the Peru sez take to reply - had nothing back is this usual? First time I have tried this should I re-submit my question?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
How long does the Peru sez take to reply - had nothing back is this usual? First time I have tried this should I re-submit my question?
In my experience, an answer comes sometimes between after a few hours and never. A few days to a few weeks is usual. Re-submitting doesn't help.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Peru would reply in Spanish and would not be competent for ASL related questions. ?
I would send another email to MMP.
Your question must be asked in a way that a yes or no answer can be given to it.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
As 19.12 states that fanatic units cannot be disrupted do the routing disrupted Russians loose disruption on completing their rout to the factory?
Answer: No.

A19.2 only states that Fanatic units are never Disrupted.

A Pre-Fanatic unit can suffer Disruption, that status can only be removed if the unit becomes Unbroken.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Now you have a disrupted and fanatic squad... That needs a bit of thinking, because fanatic don't surrender...

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
But what will happen in other siruations where there are fanatic squads when they are in certain locations (I'm sure we can find some by SSR, but I can't point one now...maybe that only happens in RB) and it was disrupted and fanatic?

I think the answer is there, in the rules, but, it takes a few moments to see the differences between both kinds of surrender/no surrender traits

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got an answer from perry and posted in perry sez - a disrupted unit that route into a RB factory looses it’s disrupted status at the point it enters the factory

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Got an answer from perry and posted in perry sez - a disrupted unit that route into a RB factory looses it’s disrupted status at the point it enters the factory
Only if a disrupted unit Routs?

Not if unit is disrupted while in bypass of a RB factory hex?
or if a disrupted unit advance inte a RB factory hex during the CC phase.