Disrupted units in melee

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A melee hex has a conscript Axis Minor squad vs a conscript Soviet half squad. In the Soviets Def Fire on the hex resulting in a 2 MC that both units fail by more than their ELRs. Both become Disrupted in the melee hex. Neither can Rout away.
In the current Axis Minor CC Phase, is the Axis Minor squad removed for Failure to Rout, leaving the Disrupted Soviet half squad in the hex; or do both units die?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yup, nor do they rout do they just sit, eyeing each other.
A11.16 mandates broken units must withdraw unless a disrupted.
A10.5 mandates rout unless in melee.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I think they both die at the end of the CCPh.

A19.12:
"...Disrupted units in Melee may not Withdraw; unless captured, they will be eliminated at the end of the CCPh if still in Melee."

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

A19.12:
"...Disrupted units in Melee may not Withdraw; unless captured, they will be eliminated at the end of the CCPh if still in Melee."
So if a Soviet squad was adjacent to the melee hex, the Axis Minor squad would surrender to them?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Both become Disrupted in the melee hex. Neither can Rout away.
In the current Axis Minor CC Phase, is the Axis Minor squad removed for Failure to Rout, leaving the Disrupted Soviet half squad in the hex; or do both units die?
I'd say they all die of heart-attack for mutual fear of each other.

Edit:
Just noticed that Klas has provided the rules reference to what I thought.

A19.12:
von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya know, I wonder if Melees are different enough from the regular situation to warrant some kind of different treatment. Like, break = CR. Presumably one is occupied with the enemy more than with one's own squad; I dunno if the standard morale model holds up with Melees.

Yeah yeah, Melee doesn't necessarily mean "engaged in brawling". Still, an interesting idea.