Dispatches from the Bunker #44 Transmitted Today (Rees HASL)

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Dispatches from the Bunker #44 Transmitted Today

Hello to my ASL Comrades. I just transmitted new
Dispatch #44. If you think you should have received a
copy in your in-box but did not, Please let me know and
I'll check your subscription status. I'm already seeing a
bunch of bounced e-mails come back so if your e-mail
is out of date, e-mail me from the one your want on
file for your subscription.

You'll find our 20th Anniversary Issue with Tom Morin's
latest HASL project, Operation Turnscrew, centering on
the town of Rees, Germany on the Rhine River in 1945,
with the British trying to take the town. This Issue comes
in at a whopping 42 Pages with the HASL, 5 scenarios for
it along with a 5 date Campaign Game. Carl Noguiera also
has his latest Tactical Tips on SCWs. There is a separate
e-mail containing the HASL map files.

To celebrate our latest pdf. issue I am continuing to offer
a discounted re-subscription for any current subscriber
who wants to take advantage of the discounted re-
subscription cost of $14.00 for 4 pdf issues. (Normally
$15.00 for new subscribers).

I'm also offering pdf Back Issues for $3.00 if complete or
$2.00 if missing content that was re-published by MMP.
(In that case an informational page was substituted for the
missing content telling you what MMP publication it appeared in,
we hope to see Out of the Bunker re-printed by MMP when they can,
it is available in the aftermarket).

If you want all 43 Back Issues they are now $55.00. Take $5.00 off if ordering before 5/1.

If you want the Digital Works (a 4 issue RE-subscription plus all 43 Back Issues) it is now $65.00. Take $5.00 off if ordering before 5/1

If interested, send your Payment via PayPal to:

PinkFloydFan1954@aol.com

Thanks so much for your continued interest and support and look for #45 in late September, Your ASL Comrade, Vic.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Resubscribed.

Question. On page 5, this is written : "This was made even better after Jeff Leslie produced a VASL extension for the module specific counters.".

I have the map that comes with the issue. Where can I find this counter extension please?

Great job folks

Rgds Jack

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Resubscribed.

Question. On page 5, this is written : "This was made even better after Jeff Leslie produced a VASL extension for the module specific counters.".

I have the map that comes with the issue. Where can I find this counter extension please?

Great job folks

Rgds Jack
Sorry Jack, my bad, I forgot to include with the other files I sent to Vic.

Vic will send the mdx. file to all Dispatches subscribers today.

I hope you enjoy the issue.

Regards,

Tom

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Resubscribed.
I did just now as well, the next issue frighteningly being my last!

This Rees HASL really is something special. The local printer is doing a one-piece, matte, cardstock map with a 2" white border for $23. What really blew me away and 'turned things up a notch' was the beautifully laid-out 'Chapter Z' pages to go with it. I expected a few pages of B&W note-type rules, but should have known Tom would do this to the nines. What blows me away even more is the entirety of this HASL endeavor being wholly transmitted by PDF; semi-revolutionary if you ask me. Yes, CGs like Tacticques' Stalnie Prostori (sp?) can be downloaded with their map in the same fashion, but they have been assembled this way years after the fact. Rees was evidently designed to be issued this way.

Thank you, and congratulations, to Tom, the Bunker Crew, the playtesters and everyone involved in this HASL. I love niche, I love HASL, and who knows how many years this would have stewed before print if submitted to any of the other larger ASL producers. Re-subbed and let the good times roll!

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Outstanding! I look forward to it. Many thanks Tom.

Rgds Jack
Hi guys, I got the MDX File for the counters from Tom but I am COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED by the aftermath of sending this Issue out so it will have to wait until I get back from the Nor'easter this coming Sunday before I can send it to everyone.

If anyone is desperate to get it before, e-mail me at aslbunker@aol.com and I can send from there.

Thanks for all the great feedback so far, it is quite the issue and Tom did an Awesome Job with Rees, Vic.

Last edited:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I did just now as well, the next issue frighteningly being my last!

This Rees HASL really is something special. The local printer is doing a one-piece, matte, cardstock map with a 2" white border for $23. What really blew me away and 'turned things up a notch' was the beautifully laid-out 'Chapter Z' pages to go with it. I expected a few pages of B&W note-type rules, but should have known Tom would do this to the nines. What blows me away even more is the entirety of this HASL endeavor being wholly transmitted by PDF; semi-revolutionary if you ask me. Yes, CGs like Tacticques' Stalnie Prostori (sp?) can be downloaded with their map in the same fashion, but they have been assembled this way years after the fact. Rees was evidently designed to be issued this way.

Thank you, and congratulations, to Tom, the Bunker Crew, the playtesters and everyone involved in this HASL. I love niche, I love HASL, and who knows how many years this would have stewed before print if submitted to any of the other larger ASL producers. Re-subbed and let the good times roll!
Thanks so much to everyone who replied here, you guys are the BEST! Enjoy, Vic.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
If I gain even one insight when reading an ASL rules article, it is a good day; whether it be a rule I had forgotten, or one I had simply glossed over before and never really fully absorbed it. That one gem came today from Carl's SCW article in your latest issue. If a PF hits a Location with multiple units, it can forego a RS DR and instead choose the unit it wants to affect if it is manning a SW/Gun.

Not remembering that, I immediately took to the rulebook to disprove what seemed to be some sort of holdover vestige from SL. Of course Carl was correct, and it was apparently right there in print the whole time! Total game-changer if you have a 7-0, Green HS, and elite squad w/ HMG in a targeted and successfully hit building. Another good day in ASL...

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Carl is Awesome and even an old grognard like me learns something new reading his tips articles, pretty much every single time, Vic.